Post-Game Talk: Canucks 3 @ Flames 7 | 4/7/16 | The horror - the horror

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Hmm....Benning is kind of waffling about Willie....needs to save the tape of the last two games, if he's undecided....but that Shinkaruk trade is going to haunt his going forward.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Because Rodin is coming next year and Burrows Dorsett 7million dollar 4th line. We are not worthy.

Also Boeser might need a spot too.

Miller here's a buyout for you
And Dorsett here's a buyout for you
And Higgins here's a buyout for you
And Burrows here's a buyout for you
And Sbisa here's a buyout for you

And yes I know you are UFAs but just to be sure because my paperwork aint real good,

Vrbata here's a buyout for you
and Bartkowski here's buyout for you
and Weber here's buyout for you
and Granlund here's a buyout for you, oh RFA, don't care, buyout
and Vey here's a buyout for you,
and Etem - you saved your ass....

just
And Willie, here's a buyout

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
That was a tough game to be at.

On one hand I want the Canucks to get the best pick possible - but on the other, being surrounded by Flames fans and having to hear the annoyances of a home team scoring....I probably should have just stayed home.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Turn on TSN 1040 post game......

"I trust Benning I think he's surrounded himself with smart people"

Turn off TSN 1040 post game.......

I mean if it's your job to commentate about hockey then shouldn't you at least know that surrounding yourself with Weisbrod and firing Gilman is the opposite of trying to surround yourself with smart people.

I mean jesus christ. If all you are going to do is repeat managements talking points you really shouldn't be qualified to be on the radio or in media in general. All you are is shill for management. This is worse then the afternoon guys defending Sbisa. Because at least they are pretty obvious that they don't give a **** about hockey because every second word out of them is about the NFL and how that one fat guy goes on trips with famous people.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

I mean if it's your job to commentate about hockey then shouldn't you at least know that surrounding yourself with Weisbrod and firing Gilman is the opposite of trying to surround yourself with smart people.

I mean jesus christ. If all you are going to do is repeat managements talking points you really shouldn't be qualified to be on the radio or in media in general. All you are is shill for management. This is worse then the afternoon guys defending Sbisa. Because at least they are pretty obvious that they don't give a **** about hockey because every second word out of them is about the NFL and how that one fat guy goes on trips with famous people.

Just called in to fight this fact.

Should have stayed on

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

That was brook ward. First time I've heard him on the radio for a while. Seems they'll pull anyone out to do the post game shows.

(Price was there too, but that gem was all ward.)

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
13 GA against the Oilers and the Flames. Marky and Miller deserves better. I wonder who gets the nod for the last game now, I'm guessing Miller since he won't want to end the season like this.

Bo, please keep growing. You are just about the only skater I have high hopes for.

7 goals for his team and Shinkaruk gets 0 points and a -1.. Benning knew what he was doing :sarcasm:

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Is there a link to you calling in? Would like to hear

Don't think they do post game links, not sure.

First thing i said was call out "ward" on the "smart men behind this team". Mentioned the sbisa/dorsett signings and prust trade.

Then I talked about how this is a time to celebrate, we not only have 4th in lottery, but also we pick better in other rounds.

Mentioned Tyler Benson and Ty Ronning as potential 2nd/3rd round picks that we should target.

He gave me a ton of time.

Also mentioned that this drop is massive because at worst we pick 7th.

So we will get 1 of the big 3 D-men, or 1 of the big 3 F. Tkatchuk will be in the middle their.

Nov 1, 2011
It would be unrealistic to expect the team to get 1 point in the last 14 games. We ended up with 7 in the last 14, which is the worst in the league over that timeframe. Also lost the games that we needed to lose vs. Calgary and Winnipeg. Tanking went about as well as could be rationally expected in the last few weeks.

Agreed 100%.

Great tank job, now we just need to rig the lottery.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Horvat hit 40 points. Tryamkin scored his first goal. These facts please me.

The rest...wake me up at the draft.

I don't see why so many people are so excited about a 4-6 pick. Are the teams that pick ahead of us (better players) going to good next year?

Did McDavid make Edmonton good? How about Eichel in Buffalo ? Columbus has had a ton of top 5 picks, they any good?

We are going to be basement dwellers for a decade. This team is not making the playoffs in next 5 years.

van22

May 25, 2014
Don't think they do post game links, not sure.

First thing i said was call out "ward" on the "smart men behind this team". Mentioned the sbisa/dorsett signings and prust trade.

Then I talked about how this is a time to celebrate, we not only have 4th in lottery, but also we pick better in other rounds.

Mentioned Tyler Benson and Ty Ronning as potential 2nd/3rd round picks that we should target.

He gave me a ton of time.

Also mentioned that this drop is massive because at worst we pick 7th.

So we will get 1 of the big 3 D-men, or 1 of the big 3 F. Tkatchuk will be in the middle their.

Didn't listen so don't know what time you called but this is the link to the post-game - so you should be able to find the time of your segment.
https://soundcloud.com/canuckshockeygamestsnradio/april-7-canucks-vs-flames-post-game

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I don't see why so many people are so excited about a 4-6 pick. Are the teams that pick ahead of us (better players) going to good next year?

Did McDavid make Edmonton good? How about Eichel in Buffalo ? Columbus has had a ton of top 5 picks, they any good?

We are going to be basement dwellers for a decade. This team is not making the playoffs in next 5 years.
:badidea::badidea::badidea:

Eichel's Sabres finished higher then the canucks :teach:

Ekblad's Panthers won their division :teach:

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

So we can't get excited for the future just because we won't be a good team in a short time? Ok....

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
:badidea::badidea::badidea:

Eichel's Sabres finished higher then the canucks :teach:

Ekblad's Panthers won their division :teach:

Hahahaha Buffalo is 14th in the conference , and we aren't getting as good of a player. So we should be pumped about that?

And for The panthers, you chose 1/10 teams where this happens to make your point. Do you want me to list the 9 other examples where top picks go to teams and they continue to be junk teams for years?

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Imagine this team with subpar goaltending all year. Imagine if Miller kept up his >.910% play and if Marky didn't have that streak when Miller went down. Now imagine if one or both of them take a step back next season. Boy it's hard feeling optimistic about this organization at the moment. Praying for a top 4 pick - I want one of the Finns or our choice of Chychrun/Juolevi/Sergachev etc.

Horvat, Baertschi, Hutton, Tanev and Hansen are the only players I really think are pieces. The Sedins are a given but they will - naturally - decline and won't be first liners of high quality anymore. Edler is a good hockey player and Markström has looked promising for the majority of this season but has been sort of falling off as of late. Virtanen and McCann hasn't really impressed me as much I thought they would but should be pieces moving forward.

I feel depressed.

EDIT: OK, just watched this photo where ESPN has ranked the top Canucks performer every game and realized that maybe Markström hasn't exactly fallen off. https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/status/718287885359792128/photo/1

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Hahahaha Buffalo is 14th in the conference , and we aren't getting as good of a player. So we should be pumped about that?

And for The panthers, you chose 1/10 teams where this happens to make your point. Do you want me to list the 9 other examples where top picks go to teams and they continue to be junk teams for years?

stanley-cup-blackhawks.jpg

620-doughty-120611-thumb-620xauto-202348.jpg

Crosby%20cup%202009_slide.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad