Post-Game Talk: Canucks 1 @ Wild 0 | Nilsson trolls Markstrom + Bustanen plays like Rantanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
No sir, I do not like it, not one bit, please do not put that on my plate.

We need a high pick this year and probably next if we EVER want to win a cup.

If we move up the standings now, we will be a one and done two and done team for several years, maybe be rebuilding again in maybe a decade...another 3-4 years for that

This team might not sniff a cup in my lifetime

Relax, we are still a bad team.

We are a team that is playing Derek Dorsett and Brandon Sutter 17-18 minutes a night. This team isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: Orca Smash

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Regardless of what happens later on in this season, I'm just happy to see our boys competing harder than the last couple of years.
I don't expect it to last into the new year with all our elderly team members, but I'm mildly happy to see our team compete, and the few young guns on our team, doing well.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.

If we move up the standings now, we will be a one and done two and done team for several years, maybe be rebuilding again in maybe a decade...another 3-4 years for that

People said this kind of thing A LOT around 2006-08. Things can change in a hurry.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I defy anyone to find an easier 5-game roadtrip on any team's schedule this season. What a bunch of trash.

But at least the Canucks took care of business! You need to pick up these points early in the year if you're going accomplish your goal of getting owned in the first round of the playoffs.

When you are the 29th place team no 5 game road trip is easy. I imagine many teams go through these eastern teams together. Not like Nyr NYL and New Jersey is murders row. basically if you miss Tampa bay Pittsburgh and Toronto in the east your road trip will there will be like this one.

They are playing well if they make the playoffs with the killer B's being the top line and Virtanen playing well so be it. If young players improve it is good period. That is still a long shot but why would any fan be upset about it?

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
This team is beginning to resemble that plucky sub .500 group from '82 that took advantage of some playoff upsets and road the goaltending of Richard Brodeur to a surprise berth in the finals.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Tanking is dead, only guarantees 4th overall. Just relax and enjoy the rare feeling of winning.

I would gladly take brady tkachuk on our top line for the next ten years above the rare feeling of a win in october.

With that said people are free to enjoy it.

Reactions: CanaFan

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Tanking is dead, only guarantees 4th overall. Just relax and enjoy the rare feeling of winning.
Some scientists are now suggesting a 4th overall pick is better than a 13th overall pick.

Also, there's the risk that Benning sticks around if they sneak into the playoffs.

I can basically "cheer for them" when they're playing, it's a game, it's a pastime... I caught the last few minutes of this one and it was kind of fun to see Nilsson get the shutout again. But on a cerebral level I know it's not really helpful. The advantage of this is you never really go to bed truly unhappy.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
This team is beginning to resemble that plucky sub .500 group from '82 that took advantage of some playoff upsets and road the goaltending of Richard Brodeur to a surprise berth in the finals.
In a 31-team league that team would not have made the playoffs. (Nor would the 1994 team). Food for thought when we compare relative glory.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

how old are you? Yes getting Boeser instead of Strome will set the franchaise back decades. You need to draft well no doubt but you do not need to draft top 5 to draft well. We likely will get a top pick again soon. Hope it goes better than the past OJ instead of Matthews or Laine was tough.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I would gladly take brady tkachuk on our top line for the next ten years above the rare feeling of a win in october.

With that said people are free to enjoy it.
And it's not an either/or thing really anyway. Plenty of season remains for a serious run at the tankard. After all, we've made strong bids the last two years and fallen just short, only to be foiled by the luck of the lottery.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
IUDdx9Q.jpg

Gonna remember this moment forever.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
It's October and we have people talking about Playoffs.

Our schedule has been incredibly weak so far.

Our 5 wins have came off of a struggling Edmonton, Ottawa without Karlsson, Ottawa win Karlsson, Buffalol, Little ceasars pizzarena, and the wild.

Only 2 arguably good wins, against the wild and against Ottawa with Karlsson. Even then you can say that Minnesota, much like the Oil are playing like hot garbage right now (2-3-1).

Ending off next week and the next month we play vs: Washington, Dallas, Pitsburgh, back to back with Det/CGY, ANA, SJS, LAK, VGK, STL, PHI, PIT, NJD, NYR, NYI, NSH

So we basically play vs 14/16 legit playoff potential teams in the next month and a quarter.

This team is going to nose dive real quick, especially since we are playing Dorsett and Sutter for 1/3rd of our games.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
In a 31-team league that team would not have made the playoffs. (Nor would the 1994 team). Food for thought when we compare relative glory.
Of course you're right, everybody making the playoffs had it's unique opportunities and rewards in those days. I think the '94 squad would have snuck into the 16 hole perhaps though. I'd have to look back. Not a chance that '82 team gets in today though.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
There’s still a lot of time left to fall off the rails, January is coming.

Yeah, I guess

But if there isn't one epic losing streak between now and X-mas, I don't know, this might be a lost cause

Would be interesting if this team wins but can't fill the building because they aren't the type of team Vancouver wants.

Vancouver wants that Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto feeling of a new era with exciting your players.

We had that feeling in the WCE era, I was in the building the night the Canuck made the playoffs for the first time in 5 years, Naslund came onto the ice with his broken leg, it was electric. When Nonus got the boot and Gillis came in to start the Sedin era,you could feel the energy around the team it was entertaing as hell. Or when Ronning Momesso and Coutnal joined Bure Linden Odjic and Mc Clain , it was fresh faces and a new era, its the way the never ending NHL soapopera is supposed to work.

This owner is doing all this to sell tickets, If it works I think he is in for a rude awakening

This is about half of the team Vancouver is willing to bankroll, and the quote the million dollar man "if you don't do the job right, you don't get paid...hahahahehe"

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
At a minimum it's uncertain.
The only thing uncertain is the person drafting and how he uses his picks. It's very reasonable to assume you would get a much better player with the 4-7th pick as opposed to 19-24th pick.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
What would people have said 3 months ago if we said that Virtanen would be one of the best players in the preseason, would stick with the Canucks, would be the RW on the Sedin line, would score in Back to back games, AND the Sedins would have a combined zero assists on Virtanen's goals?

I would of called you crazy and rolled my eyes. Hats off to Jake what a turnaround

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad