Confirmed with Link: Cangy Stepping Down as Play by Play Announcer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gary Thorne will be 74 in June, he’s only two years younger than Emrick.
He probably don't look too bad for 74 now, but I feel like he should be older than this because I remember him looking old already when I was like a little kid, and he was probably a few years younger at that time than I am now.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Wait, what?

I know a lot of people around here gave him shit, most probably in an endearing sort of way, but he had to follow one of the best in the business and I'm sure that was a daunting task at times.

I for one enjoyed watching him grow as an announcer and will miss him.

Now for the love of christ please no fans voting on a replacement. Just hire an outside firm that does these things.

Last edited:

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Pretty sure the Devils contract is up with MSG in 2024. Not sure if that played into it, but maybe it was a factor.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Do you think it's because he has an HF account and sees us post all those pictures of him

1652826179170.png

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
There isn’t a chance in hell he doesn’t go national.
for MLS maybe. He's got too much of a regional accent for national broadcasts.

I really like Matt, he's been with the team forever, does great interviews and stuff but he's a pretty brutal play by play guy. Massive long pauses between calls and he's always waaaaaaaaaaaaay behind the play.
Yeah if he's the next guy, color me worried.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
We have Doc , Gary Thorne and Canjo as our announcers alumni. I don't think any other team in the league could stack up 3 announcers that good.

Gonna miss Canjo , I wasn't his biggest fan at first but than again no one could replace Doc. Canjo did a great job. It's unfortunate we didn't have a great team pretty much 80% of his tenure once he took over after Doc but we still have alot of good memories of his calls to look back on.

Gotta think he is going to focus more on soccer or possibly being offered a job doing national broadcasted games for ESPN or TNT.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
That sucks man Cangy really grew on me over the years, wish him the best. I’ll always laugh at “a dlecious backhander”

*Leah Hextall enters the chat*

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​

I would burn down the Prudential Center

I really like Matt, he's been with the team forever, does great interviews and stuff but he's a pretty brutal play by play guy. Massive long pauses between calls and he's always waaaaaaaaaaaaay behind the play.

He’s brutal to listen to, granted radio is way different but yeah he’s not good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad