Confirmed with Link: Canes re-sign Slavin 51.69M/8 years

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I mean I'm glad they are getting this out of the way now. If there is any player that stirs the drink in Raleigh, it's Slavin, so make him a Cane for life, I'm all for it.

Just wish we had some kind of urgency toward the current free agents
They've been known to go right up to the last minute on some of the guys they bring back over the years. Deadlines spur action, I suppose. It just feels scarier with all the work they have to do this offseason. But I'm sure they have a plan. It's just a matter of whether or not they can execute it. It's also worth noting that pretty much nothing is happening around the league. Perhaps between the weird schedule and the jump in the cap, things are going to be really thrown off this offseason for a bit.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
They've been known to go right up to the last minute on some of the guys they bring back over the years. Deadlines spur action, I suppose. It just feels scarier with all the work they have to do this offseason. But I'm sure they have a plan. It's just a matter of whether or not they can execute it. It's also worth noting that pretty much nothing is happening around the league. Perhaps between the weird schedule and the jump in the cap, things are going to be really thrown off this offseason for a bit.

I will give the front office this: they are a brave group of guys there. They don't always do the popular thing but they, at least as of now, have had nothing but consistent success for six straight seasons (to me, what makes me see them as successes is that we have not seen any regression in our regular season results from year to year, unlike a club like, say, Toronto this season). It would be nice to see them rewarded with a Cup some day, but they'll keep plugging on with excellent rosters until it finally comes.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Devils advocate...the more he makes the more he can donate to food banks or digging wells.
Yeah, he's not going to chase every last penny, certainly didn't on his last deal, but he's going to insist on something at least fair for his value and he's going to continue to be generous with that money.

I'm basically expecting that symbolic $7.4m deal, probably 6 years or so.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Well, i guess mine was too subtle (do the math, people!)
chevy-chase.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad