GDT: Canes v Jets

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
They know that we don't have lethal scoring threats. Our guys play a system that's more team-oriented than one that allows for instinctive creativity. Which is what it is but when it's not on like now it appears easier for the opposition to clamp down and let our guys tire themselves out knowing a mistake will be made, and since our goalies sometimes see like 1 shot a period it's easier to fool the netminder. Then our guys get negative body energy and the opposition starts making our guys frustrated, sometimes into taking stupid penalties.

Right now, I'm not impressed with this team. We've got way too many guys MIA on offense, the blue-line isn't the strong-suit it was, the goaltending hasn't been good.
How does the 8th best scoring team with no one in the top 10 for scoring have people missing on offense?

Teams haven’t stopped this system yet despite knowing we don’t have a lethal scorer for 4 seasons.

Reactions: Derailed75

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
How does the 8th best scoring team with no one in the top 10 for scoring have people missing on offense?

Teams haven’t stopped this system yet despite knowing we don’t have a lethal scorer for 4 seasons.

Look I get Svech isn't 100% but in 12 games he has 1 goal. Necas in a contract year you'd think would be lighting it up but he's not. I do think his playmaking is getting better but he barely finds the net as well. Aho I've been wanting a 50-goal season from him but he goes stretches without anything.

We're not getting much out of the forward "non-stars" right now except it seems like Noesen. The scoring is very inconsistent at a time where it should start clicking. 8th best isn't going to win Cups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad