LeBrun: Canes "pretty close" to a structure with a 2024 1st round pick for Necas; Buffalo has "very serious interest"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If true, where is all the “Buffalo might buy out Skinner” coming from?
Adams said it himself in several interviews, the earliest one was when he was asked about a potential Skinner buyout he replied "nothing is off the table" and the media ran with it.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
If true, where is all the “Buffalo might buy out Skinner” coming from?
It was originally posted by a known friend to skinners agent. Player specific in this case and not confirmed at all. Just reposted by many. Adams, the GM of the Sabres himself has stated publicly no decision has been made.
So, reasonable deduction: agent and player are informed it's an option from mngt based on future potential plans, agent, either at the request of player or in the interest of players financial future, sets the wheels in motion.

Not hard to follow the situation, and furthermore, apples to oranges. Trade conversation happens between 2 mngt teams, a player with no ntc/nmc has 0 input most times. Facts matter.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Buffalo should use that pick for a RD, either drafting or trading for one. Tanner Jeannot would give that team a lot of what they need and I imagine with the Stamkos deal not done, Tampa would be quick to unload him.

I don’t think a soft, poor defensive forward is going to fix this team and it may prevent a young guy like Quinn from progressing into top 6 minutes.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I think the buyout is waiting for offseason plans to come into place. Keeping Skinner is a break glass in emergency situation. Once Adams adds some salary, he will buyout Skinner. Adams is moving significant assets this summer.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If we have another daddy situation here like Marner has then I don't want Necas even more. This team needs less distraction, not more.
I'll be honest, we hadn't really heard from Necas' family at all the entire time he's been here, that is up until this summer when he said to the press in Europe that he wants to be traded. So I am not fully sure there's a daddy situation here, but there could be one developing.

Reactions: Mattilaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad