LeBrun: Canes "pretty close" to a structure with a 2024 1st round pick for Necas; Buffalo has "very serious interest"

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
God I hope not, have zero interest in Necas; just another skinny skill guy who underperforms defensively. He's a bigger Skinner
No... he's a bigger, faster Skinner!

In all honesty... they have similarities in that they both suck at using their teammates and neither of them are NHL caliber C.

While they are both massive puck hogs they go about it in different ways. Necas is speed and zone entries with a laser shot. Both (I imagine Skinner is still good at this) protect the puck well but because of their absolute lack of on ice awareness they are usually super out of position so if they lose the puck it's an odd man rush the other way guaranteed because their linemates can't just be a permanent safety net.

I don't know why Buffalo would be in on Necas but out on Skinner but here we are.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo would be a good fit for Necas. Would Necas be a good fit for Buffalo? They are looking for top 6 winger.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022

Semi-colon used to indicate separate rumors.
I think the canes are as close to re-signing Jake as the nucks are with Lindholm.
Both players know that they are the most coveted at their respective position and will have a bunch of teams lining up for them and owe it to themselves to see what's out there.

End of the day I think Boston overpay for Lindholm and Vancouver overpays for Jake and from a nucks pov I'm 100% ok with that.
I think Ehlers ends up a Cane

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Paywall, is the rumor that hes going to buffalo for their pick?
Not necessarily. Two rumors. First, that some team is close to a framework of a trade involving a 2024 1st. Second, that Buffalo is very interested. No linking between the two rumors.

That said. Unless KA changed his mind about including one of his better forwards upfront, I'd assume any viable Buffalo offer includes the 1st.

• Love
Reactions: Patdud

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Necas sounds less and less enticing in every new thread. That said, Preds would certainly pony up #22 and something modest for him. Which of course is way below what Canes fans would accept. Canes management does seem pretty intent on getting rid of him, though... :dunno:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
we did one stupid trade recently but it's a long time since we had a monumental failure.

Skinner+11th overall out
Necas+dead cap in would be such a dumb move.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
That's what I thought. Not sure I give up the 11th overall, but I would give up the 2nd (a 39th overall) and maybe Isek Rosen and Poltapov
I'm not sure those are interesting pieces.

Feels "a lot of stuff" and Rosen in particular isn't interesting as the centerpiece of an offer.

Fewer pieces and at-least one better asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad