Post-Game Talk: Canes > Pens

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Both Steelers fans and Penguins fans are very guilty of this on reddit. It went from everyone loving Justin Fields when Tomlin was playing him to "Justin Fields is dogshit that should be benched" as soon as Tomlin decided to go with Wilson. It's purely just defending whatever the coach does.
Is this a Pittsburgh phenomenon? What is it with your city and adoring your coaches even when they're consistently failing?

Like I've honestly never seen this in other places where the coach almost has God-status after a bit of success and a significant portion of the fanbase will defend him to the death even when he should have been let go half a decade ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Gurglesons

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Is this a Pittsburgh phenomenon? What is it with your city and adoring your coaches even when they're consistently failing?

Like I've honestly never seen this in other places where the coach almost has God-status after a bit of success and a significant portion of the fanbase will defend him to the death even when he should have been let go half a decade ago.
irl i would say most people have been off the tomlin/sullivan hype train for a long time. the fact that it can be a long time shows how immune these guys are. redditors despite being very gullible and dumb get off on feeling smarter than the demographics that sour on a coach quickly and drink the terrible pgh sports media kool aid

Reactions: Gurglesons

metalan2

May 30, 2008

I'm not sure why it's like this here,ctor better or for worse. Just not allowed to fire coaches.

I miss MAF.

Jarry just plain sucks shit.
Jarry is just MAF with a significantly worse team in front of him.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Lars Eller -

"There's so many things that need to be better," said Eller. "The attitude, the energy, the execution... we put ourselves in bad spots all the time. I hope we won't see another game like this."

"I think we did it to ourselves," said Eller. "I think our lack of energy, will, winning pucks, execution was all missing today."

Not sure how all of this isn't seem as a coaching issue.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
As with every Pens vs Canes game over the past few years, coaching and the lack of structure is the difference.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Lars Eller -

"There's so many things that need to be better," said Eller. "The attitude, the energy, the execution... we put ourselves in bad spots all the time. I hope we won't see another game like this."

"I think we did it to ourselves," said Eller. "I think our lack of energy, will, winning pucks, execution was all missing today."

I hope Eller was glaring pointedly directly at Sullivan while he made those comments.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
So strange how this team has so many issues with starting games on time and just a lack of effort and attitude in games. Reminds me of the time the Pens got dominated the last 2 games of a season to the mediocre Hawks and Jackets, causing them to miss the playoffs. They clearly gave up and didn't care to make the playoffs, obviously a team that plays hard for their top 3 in the league coach.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm a little surprised the Pens haven't put Jarry on waivers just to see if there are any takers. They don't even have to send him down if he clears.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Lars Eller -

there is only so much a coach can do. imo now if the players don't know what to do. or how to do it, that's on the coach.
edit; did i just defend sully? :eek2: i feel so dirty. :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad