Post-Game Talk: Canes > Pens

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Man do I disagree with this. Fans overreact and are *so* quick to praise/tarnish a player. Dubas' big blunders so far have been the Jarry and Graves signings, both of which are understandable, IMHO. It would be difficult to predict Graves' monumental fall, and the fact is that Jarry was the only decent option at the time of signing, although certainly he could have signed for less term (Graves, as well). Other than that, there haven't been any major blunders, and Dubas has found some gems in the likes of Eller and Pool Party. Nothing else has been high risk and he's been quick to jettison other surprising failures like Smith.

FWIW, I don't really care about Dubas one way or the other. I just shudder to think what this roster would look like if it were run by reactionary fans.
I was including the Hextall era as well.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
And because I absolutely loathe that plum sack Josh Yohe, here's a fun twist on his stupid ass comment.

Yet another unprofessional coaching performance by Mike Sullivan. I don’t see any reason for him to coach this team again, ever again. That’s another game where he was out coached by a more competent coach. That’s 9 periods of being out coached in the last 6 games.

Eat shit you f***ing loser, Josh Yohe.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Sullivan either doesn’t watch the other teams on video or even scarier, he doesn’t understand what he’s watching.

The walls were sealed off all night. Just like last season and every season Rods been their coach. This is how they play but all night our dmen are blindly making passes up the walls to get out of our zone and the forwards were doing it in the offensive end back to the dmen.

Not even a hint of a change between periods. Just doing the same shit over and over and expecting different results.
You would think that Letang and Karl would be able to skate out of forecheck and drop another forward to help in transition, it’s zero confidence now, Letang does not even attempt to skate out, just blindly sending puck around where as you noticed everything is sealed and it’s basically game in one half of the ice

Reactions: Andy99

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
A lot of cope and insane narratives for the ~15-20th best team losing to a top 5 team.

But we have a decade of posting scar tissue here.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
11-vUifJM0bw-6Q0UNl08VTdvAcj59hp3-4ntOtfao4.jpg
I glanced at this too fast, didn't recognize Sullivan in that light.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pittsburgh is so slow compared to most teams, kinda amazing their record isn't worse.

+ The baby pens beat the Flyers AHL tonight.

The penguins play against the Rangers and Canes this year have shown it’s going to be a long season against the upper NHL teams. Don’t trade that 2025 1st round pick Dubas!
He won't! We're keeping all our picks, and likely adding moar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, was I allowed to make this thread?
What a low blow!

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!:nod::thumbu::DD:cool:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Can you elaborate?
My comment? Oh definitely.

First calling a player struggling as purposefully being unprofessional is a f***ing loser move. Yohe is a dumb fat twat for that and his brain dead dipshit fans parroted each other as calling me Jarry's burner account.

Here's the Yohe original twatter.

The rest yeah Jarry has been absolute ass and shouldn't be played. But to make it seem like he is doing it on purpose, get f***ed with a rusty spiked bat, that bloody asshat.

So yeah I've been calling every bad play unprofessional to mock his stupid ass. Including this one.

Yohe is a dumb hack. He constantly makes excuses for Sullivan and shits all over players and that weird fan fiction Hextall article is comical, blaming Hextall to spare their boy Sullivan. He'll shit all over Malkin last season to act like that never happened this year and that he's always known Geno would be back to this level, he's a f***ing loser.

I'd love to smack the shit out of him, but I don't punch down to weak f***ing losers.

Last edited:

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Man do I disagree with this. Fans overreact and are *so* quick to praise/tarnish a player. Dubas' big blunders so far have been the Jarry and Graves signings, both of which are understandable, IMHO. It would be difficult to predict Graves' monumental fall, and the fact is that Jarry was the only decent option at the time of signing, although certainly he could have signed for less term (Graves, as well). Other than that, there haven't been any major blunders, and Dubas has found some gems in the likes of Eller and Pool Party. Nothing else has been high risk and he's been quick to jettison other surprising failures like Smith.

FWIW, I don't really care about Dubas one way or the other. I just shudder to think what this roster would look like if it were run by reactionary fans.
The EK trade has not been promising so far.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Some people will say they should replace Sullivan but where are they gonna find a head coach that can do better than leading a team that 6 games into the season has failed to hold a single opponent under 4 goals scored?
Pick literally any example of a coaching change since 2005 and you'll have 60-70% of them showing immediate positive impact. Pens are quite literally the poster boy for such a thing.

Also where the f*** did you think Edmonton found their coach? Some magic hat? There's coaches around. Do some research. I've name dropped a bunch.

Todd Nelson
Jay Woodcroft
Jay Leach - He's been someone teams are starting to get very curious about as a HC option in interviews.
Karl Taylor
John Gruden

Other names - not ones I'd want but names nonetheless

Todd McLellan
Lane Lambert
Dave Hakstol
D.J Smith

I'd hire none of these blokes btw. None.

I just hope they don't sign a loser like Joel Quenneville.

The assistant I'd want would be David Carle, that's a future coach right there as well after some experience as an NHL Assistant Coach if he came over to be AC to one of Nelson or Woodcroft. Personally, a huge fan of Todd Nelson. Love his style. Open to criticism and feedback and won't punish players for it, his players will skate through a wall for him. He has paid his dudes, he's the most deserving of the bunch imo.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
There must be a miscommunication. I meant can you elaborate on why you think the Jarry and Graves signings were bad ideas at the time of signing.
Jarry had enough red flags before Dubas came on board and 3 weeks later signed that extension. Which seemed more like a mandate he had to just finish up that was already ready when he got there.

Graves also felt like someone Sullivan wanted and Dubas just came on board already buying into the hype and praise of Sullivan. Dubas had very little time to sit down and look at what this team needed, he was hired June 1st, had to come over with his family and start getting up to speed and July 1st he does those? Can't be his choice entirely.

Dubas is also quite notorious for being impatient with goalies. He wouldn't have signed Jarry if they told him he had time to decide after he'd have caught up. Just like Jack Johnson was someone Sullivan wanted and how Beauvillier is definitely someone Sullivan wanted, everyone just blames the GM like he's some innocent bystander. Bunting, yeah 100% Dubas and even Acciari and other ex Leafs. But they're quite obvious with Dubas 99% of the time, loyal to familiarity.

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Jarry had enough red flags before Dubas came on board and 3 weeks later signed that extension. Which seemed more like a mandate he had to just finish up that was already ready when he got there.

Graves also felt like someone Sullivan wanted and Dubas just came on board already buying into the hype and praise of Sullivan. Dubas had very little time to sit down and look at what this team needed, he was hired June 1st, had to come over with his family and start getting up to speed and July 1st he does those? Can't be his choice entirely.

Dubas is also quite notorious for being impatient with goalies. He wouldn't have signed Jarry if they told him he had time to decide after he'd have caught up. Just like Jack Johnson was someone Sullivan wanted and how Beauvillier is definitely someone Sullivan wanted, everyone just blames the GM like he's some innocent bystander. Bunting, yeah 100% Dubas and even Acciari and other ex Leafs. But they're quite obvious with Dubas 99% of the time, loyal to familiarity.
So a bunch of conjecture. That's not selling me. I could just as credibly tell a story that Sid is the reason the Pens signed Jack Johnson.

Ad

Ad

Ad