Post-Game Talk: Canes > Pens

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
You new mate?

Pick literally any example of a coaching change since 2005 and you'll have 60-70% of them showing immediate positive impact. Pens are quite literally the poster boy for such a thing.

Also where the f*** did you think Edmonton found their coach? Some magic hat? There's coaches around. Do some research. I've name dropped a bunch.

Todd Nelson
Jay Woodcroft
Jay Leach - He's been someone teams are starting to get very curious about as a HC option in interviews.
Karl Taylor
John Gruden

Other names - not ones I'd want but names nonetheless

Todd McLellan
Lane Lambert
Dave Hakstol
D.J Smith

I'd hire none of these blokes btw. None.

I just hope they don't sign a loser like Joel Quenneville.

The assistant I'd want would be David Carle, that's a future coach right there as well after some experience as an NHL Assistant Coach if he came over to be AC to one of Nelson or Woodcroft. Personally, a huge fan of Todd Nelson. Love his style. Open to criticism and feedback and won't punish players for it, his players will skate through a wall for him. He has paid his dudes, he's the most deserving of the bunch imo.
What about this guy? Former head coach of the Washington Capitals.
1729307409669.jpeg

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
You would think that Letang and Karl would be able to skate out of forecheck and drop another forward to help in transition, it’s zero confidence now, Letang does not even attempt to skate out, just blindly sending puck around where as you noticed everything is sealed and it’s basically game in one half of the ice

reino

Jul 20, 2019
Absolutely domination. They have to be completely tune out anything Sullivan is saying at this point, because team looks like there's no coach at all. Truly shockingly bad performance

Reactions: Andy99

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
And because I absolutely loathe that plum sack Josh Yohe, here's a fun twist on his stupid ass comment.

Yet another unprofessional coaching performance by Mike Sullivan. I don’t see any reason for him to coach this team again, ever again. That’s another game where he was out coached by a more competent coach. That’s 9 periods of being out coached in the last 6 games.

Eat shit you f***ing loser, Josh Yohe.

Did you tweet this?

metalan2

May 30, 2008
This team is gonna lose all 11 games this season vs NJD, NYR and CAR. That´s my bold prediction.

This was all Sullivan vs Brind´Amour. With some decent contributions from Bunting and Marcus Pettersson.
Not that bold. They did it two seasons ago.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
So a bunch of conjecture. That's not selling me. I could just as credibly tell a story that Sid is the reason the Pens signed Jack Johnson.
Not really. Theres been enough info out there to figure it out. I'm just tired of posting the links. So venture over the search feature, make yourself useful mate.

What about this guy? Former head coach of the Washington Capitals.
View attachment 918401
The only Assistant Pens coach I would have wanted was Tocchet and that ship has sailed long ago.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Just for shits and giggles, keeping track of the team through 20 the past couple years and comparing to this season so far.

2022-23: 10-7-3, 72 GF, 65 GA
2023-24: 10-10-0, 61 GF, 52 GA
2024-25: 3-3-0, 21 GF, 25 GA thus far

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Jets are absolutely f***ing on their game right now. They're going to decimate this team, please let it be the final straw to fire Sullivan.

Maybe if the Pens get owned by the Canucks I'll bring a box of Pens jerseys and throw it on the ice, it worked for the Canucks against the Pens, worth a shot right?

Right?

Georgiev pulled off a win, miracles can happen...

Last edited:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Missed this one as I was resting due to having a wisdom tooth removed this past Wednesday.

In terms of fun, having dental work done >> Sullivan Penguins hockey at this point

Even though both feel like pulling teeth. :sarcasm:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Fingers crossed a blowout loss to the Jets results in Sully fired, but man, I can't help but think this dork ass team is intent on keeping him through the Olympics for some dumb reason.
They dropped 8 on the Sharks which I mean, sounds about right. But I hope it isn't with Blom in net, let it be Ned or something, because if it's Jarry it'll just be another Jarry is still not good right now excuse.

Has to be Ned. If we need Blomqvist to take one fr the greater good, so be it.

Let it be a 14-0 type of thing.

He says some dumb shit and then calls me a loser because I called his ass out and he can't figure out how unprofessional it is for a writer to say the shit he did.

He's a bigger piece of shit than Brooks, Steve, and any other f***ing clown anyone can think of.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Fingers crossed a blowout loss to the Jets results in Sully fired, but man, I can't help but think this dork ass team is intent on keeping him through the Olympics for some dumb reason.
Absolutely comical that Lavi who has been the better US born coach the last few years was left off that staff for a group of absolute f***ing morons.

It's pure comedy when you see the US coaching staff.

Sullivan
Tortorella
Quinn
Hynes

I mean what was the next option for them? Blashill and Lalonde? Lol.

I would have asked Jon Cooper to coach the US. He's dual, American Mother.

HC - Cooper
AC - Laviolette
AC - Warsofsky
AC - Bylsma

I'd have more faith in those blokes as the US coach. Canada will get owned because there is no good Canadian Goalie, but I so badly wanted to see a walnut like Sullivan get outed on a stage like that.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Jets are absolutely f***ing on their game right now. They're going to decimate this team, please let it be the final straw to fire Sullivan.

Maybe if the Pens get owned by the Canucks I'll bring a box of Pens jerseys and throw it on the ice, it worked for the Canucks against the Pens, worth a shot right?

Right?

Georgiev pulled off a win, miracles can happen...
I actually like our chances vs Winnipeg. The Pens are great streakbusters the last few years.
It doesn't make much sense, but it happens regularly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad