GDT: Canes @ Devils Game 3: (3:30PM on TBS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
It's easier to bounce back from a whuppin rather than a close game. Edmonton boat raced us the game before we won the Cup

But.... We desperately need better goaltending if we have any hope of advancing. We get even average tending today and we win. Freddie and Kooch are an embarrassment today.

The Devils biased on the main board is obvious they closed the game 2 thread before the game was even over and game 3 still going

There very much has been a quite anti-Canes bias from the mods on the main forums for years. It's not surprising that they're catering toward the team that is playing against us

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
All of us know we were not our best tonight. The important thing is how the team responds next game.

I'm sure Brindamour is ticked off right now at their performance and he always seems to say the right things and push the right buttons to the players to get them riled up and mad.

I totally expect a much better performance as a whole next game. I mean we scored 4 goals and weren't our best against this Devils team and 3 on the PK.

I'd be surprised if we don't come out with our best next game (like we came out in our home games). We can't let the Devils get any momentum.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's easier to bounce back from a whuppin rather than a close game. Edmonton boat raced us the game before we won the Cup

But.... We desperately need better goaltending if we have any hope of advancing. We get even average tending today and we win. Freddie and Kooch are an embarrassment today.
Let’s be clear though, this is the first game this playoff where the goaltending failed them. Freddie just went 3 in a row giving up 1 goal in each. I’ll believe it’s a problem when it happens more than once.

Hell the team they are playing hasn’t even got average goaltending yet this series.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
HORSE MANURE CALL ON SLAVIN.
That’s easily the worst call while a team is already down 2 men in hockey history.
The refs had to stick their greasy thumbs in the game with one of the worst f***ing penalties I've ever seen. If one of Carolina's biggest haters in the national media, Jones, says that normally isn't called (but he said right after it was interference; so it was painful for him to say lol), then it's BS. The fact that it was also a penalty against Slavin of all players? LOL.

Why call a BS penalty on a team, late in the 3rd period, when they're ALREADY down 5 on 3, multiple goals behind the opponent, and in a huge playoff game? I REALLY want to hear if Rod comments on that bullshit. It'd be worth the league's fine if he ripped the refs a new asshole. Maybe the fans can start a GoFundMe for the possible incoming fine.

I was actually starting to be entertained after Carolina scored their 3rd SHG in the game even if they were most likely going to still lose, but it's almost like the refs were scared Carolina was gonna score another 2 goals in a short amount of time and pull off a MONUMENTAL comeback win. Either way, the refs were once again a terrible distraction and detriment for a game.
Freddie has to walk this summer. He's dogshit. And Kooch just isn't very good, and is probably a backup at best in this league.

We desperately need a reliable goalie who isn't hurt all the time.
Yes, imagine this team if we actually had a reliable starting goalie to step up/offset when our defense has one of it's occasional bed shitting games, and could stay healthy like you said.

I want one of Hart, or Swayman, or failing one of those two, Helly from Winnipeg.

Last edited:

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
is anyone else just not concerned? Going back to last year and the year before, every playoff loss was an emotional, taxing, devastating loss. No offense to NJ, but they just aren’t that worrisome imo.
Yeah, sometimes you need one of these. I was at the 9/0 thrashers game. We bounced back pretty well.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
is anyone else just not concerned? Going back to last year and the year before, every playoff loss was an emotional, taxing, devastating loss. No offense to NJ, but they just aren’t that worrisome imo.
I'm honestly not worried in the slightest, it's crazy thats the best we have done in a game 3 In a long time.... If anything I'm confident more we win the series we showed tenacity and the ability to score even when we were down...

Reactions: zman77 and Tryamw

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
Let’s be clear though, this is the first game this playoff where the goaltending failed them. Freddie just went 3 in a row giving up 1 goal in each. I’ll believe it’s a problem when it happens more than once.

Hell the team they are playing hasn’t even got average goaltending yet this series.

I agree, all our goalies were bad. We all know what Andersen can do when he's on (see prior 3 games).

I totally expect him to rebound next game. The Devils defense is definitely not like ours. We scored 4 on them today not at our best. Just imagine if we were playing our best defensively.

This was a weird game and I don't think they'll be another game like this in the playoffs (this high scoring). Reminded me of the last game of the regular season vs Florida.

Reactions: zman77 and Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad