Canadiens: Are you cheering for Edmonton?

Do you want the Oilers to win?

• Yes

Votes: 137 46.6%
  • No

Votes: 157 53.4%

• Total voters

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
We know the curse that was placed on Canada before most of us here were born.

Are you Canadiens cheering for the Oilers to end the streak?

Or do you want it to continue until your team wins it?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Sure, not because they are Canadian, though. I just think McDavid is too good to not win a cup, and now is as good as ever.
What this guy said.

I couldn’t care less that they’re Canadian. I hope they win for McDavid who would cement himself as a top 5 player of all time IMO

If it were for example, the Leafs in the finals I would hope they lose every game somehwre between 7-13 to zero all 4 games

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Why? I couldn’t care less where a team is from city or country. What teams I like have nothing to do with national borders. I don’t care which of the teams wins, if forced to pick one I would cheer for Panthers just bc I like their style better.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Absolutely not. Pretty much the only team I'd cheer for Edmonton ahead of is Winnipeg

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
Hell No.

Nothing against the Oilers, I don’t care about them.

I just want drama. I want them to lose for the possible chaos that could happen. Edmonton winning would be the happy good ending. Who wants that?

If they don’t win, higher chance of Draisaitl not re-signing and leaving. Then McDavid could follow suit.

Then the trade packages for either of them would set the hockey world on fire. (Maybe MTL can get McDavid for one of Barron/Harris + Mesar + WPG 1st)

Or even funnier, one/both of them walking for free.

Can you imagine the drama ? I can.

1717469989370.gif

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Make very little difference to me. I am just interested in an excellent series though it would be nice to see McDavid get a Cup.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Not really, I'm not cheering against them either.

It doesn't really resonate with me.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm not cheering against either team but I have reasons that I'd be happy to see either team win it. I'm friends with someone who has connections to the Oilers, so I'd like to see them win it for him, but it would also be cool to see the Panthers win their first cup. So either way, I'm good.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Voted yes but I also just happen to be an Oilers fan.

If it were Vancouver (Neutral team for me), I'd be on the fence as I like Florida.

McDavid needs to win a cup though. Even if I wasn't an Oilers fan, I'd be saying this.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Sure, not because they are Canadian, though. I just think McDavid is too good to not win a cup, and now is as good as ever.
Pretty much this although I don't want either team to win, I'm just happy that the best 2 teams w
this post season are left and I understand why "fanatical" fans don't want to see them win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad