Proposal: Canadian teams working together to bring the cup back to Canada

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you support Your Canadian team working together ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I know it won't happen but it would be nice if Canadian teams would work together to keep the cup in Canada . Lots of fans on here like to bash Canadian fans when most of their teams are made up of Canadians .

This year help TML or the Flames as they seem to be the close to winning . I say the Flames this year as TML are build for a longer run .

To the Flames Nurse and Draisaitl at 50% ... Next Year the Flames send players to TML to help them win . The year after the Oilers get their turn . Then Vancouver or Winnipeg after Ottawa . Montreal last as they are the further away from winning .

Have to make the trades legit but make them to help the team win now .

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Hell no.

There is nothing in me that would rejoice in anything but another Leafs first round exit. If they Flames made the SFC, they are the only other Canadian team I would hope wins, but Jets, Sens, Canucks can all go away.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
giphy.gif

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I'm canadian, a Habs fan (I know I know), but to me, there's no nationalism in the NHL, even though they still play those stupid anthems for whatever reasons.

So naaa, not helping anyone, hope the new management trades whoever they want for the best possible return, wherever that is.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
This is like saying Pittsburgh and Philly should "help each other out." f*** Philly.

True enough . Flames hate the Oilers and vice versa . Montreal and TML fall into this hated rivalry . I guess I rather another Canadian team win then have fans bashing Canadian team all the time .

Edit : Call it national pride

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Never understood this sentiment. What does having a Canadian team win the cup do? It's not a reflection on Canadian talent, nor is it a reflection on our country.

If you want the country to win an ice hockey tournament so bad, I suggest you watch the World Juniors or Olympics every 4 yrs.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'll never understand this "Canadian nationalism" some people have.

While I'll watch, and even enjoy games from the Flames, Leafs and Oilers if they're good. I'm a Habs and Canucks fan. Those are the two teams I care about winning it all. Toronto winning the cup would be nice for their fanbase but I won't lie, I thoroughly enjoyed making them suffer last season just like they're probably smiling now that we imploded.

Reactions: Laus723

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I hate the other Canadian teams more than anyone. No. I would rather Boston or any other American team win instead of a Canadian team not named Toronto. IDC the drought can last for eternity, only Canadian team I want winning is mine. With all due to respect I really mean that, the other Canadian teams can f*** off.

Reactions: Laus723 and SML2

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
This is horse crap.

I remember listening to sorts radio and some jackwagon says "well, the Rangers are out, so I am rooting for the Islanders because they are a New York team"
Get the f*** off my radio.
You know who thinks like this? Moms and Grandmothers who don't really like the game but watch it because their kids play.

I wouldn't trade the Islanders a bag of used bandages from a leper colony. They can F all the way off. That's how I would feel about helping other teams win.
Anyone who roots for a Canadian team who doesn't think of the others as sworn enemies is not a real fan.
I am sure the folks in Edmonton would love to swing over for a Stanley cup Parade in Calgary. Gimme a break.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I know it won't happen but it would be nice if Canadian teams would work together to keep the cup in Canada . Lots of fans on here like to bash Canadian fans when most of their teams are made up of Canadians .

This year help TML or the Flames as they seem to be the close to winning . I say the Flames this year as TML are build for a longer run .

To the Flames Nurse and Draisaitl at 50% ... Next Year the Flames send players to TML to help them win . The year after the Oilers get their turn . Then Vancouver or Winnipeg after Ottawa . Montreal last as they are the further away from winning .

Have to make the trades legit but make them to help the team win now .

You should be banned from the HF Oil subsection for this, forever. Seriously wtf man

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
Canuck fan here, and f*** that. I'm sure my team won't be the next Canadian team to win a cup, but it'll still sting when another Canadian team that isn't us finally does.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Canadian players win the cup every year. When it comes to Canadian teams, they have to earn it on their own.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Cup comes back to Canada every year when a team filled with half Canadians wins.

Couldn't give less of a shit if a Canadian city other than the ones I cheer for win a cup.

Nationalism is lame.

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
Do you realize that the permanent address for the Stanley Cup is in Canada?
30 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5E 1X8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad