Proposal: Canadian teams working together to bring the cup back to Canada

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you support Your Canadian team working together ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I know it won't happen but it would be nice if Canadian teams would work together to keep the cup in Canada . Lots of fans on here like to bash Canadian fans when most of their teams are made up of Canadians .

This year help TML or the Flames as they seem to be the close to winning . I say the Flames this year as TML are build for a longer run .

To the Flames Nurse and Draisaitl at 50% ... Next Year the Flames send players to TML to help them win . The year after the Oilers get their turn . Then Vancouver or Winnipeg after Ottawa . Montreal last as they are the further away from winning .

Have to make the trades legit but make them to help the team win now .
Canadian teams are at a disadvantage. The draft is fair but as players age free agency give American teams the advantage. That's how Bettman wants it though.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
And how would this work exactly? Flames could just say "you know what guys, i think we will just keep Drai afterall. Sorry boys." Just weird thinking all around. :huh:

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
True enough . Flames hate the Oilers and vice versa . Montreal and TML fall into this hated rivalry . I guess I rather another Canadian team win then have fans bashing Canadian team all the time .

Edit : Call it national pride
on behalf of all canadians that are not TO fans .. fok the leafs ... hahah ... thats our national pride hating the leafs .. haha

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Never understood this mentality, every NHL team is Canadian.
The Blue Jackets are actually majority American and Swedish.

Well, normally, anyways; we called up three Canadians due to injuries - Danforth, Berube, and Gaunce - and that put Canada juuuuuust ahead of Sweden.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
With were the Habs are right now, I'd be happy to help Calgary, as long as Suzuki, Caufield and Romanov are going nowhere!
Everything else is on the table. Plus, it would help us snatching either Wright or even better, Bedard.

As for the Leafs, f*** them. An early first round exit is what the World need right now, to uplift our spirits!

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Canadian teams are at a disadvantage. The draft is fair but as players age free agency give American teams the advantage. That's how Bettman wants it though.
How could Bettman change it if he wanted to? Bettman isn't the one up every players rear end with a microscope over every detail. Bettman doesn't write Canadian tax codes. Bettman isn't the one who decides that young affluent athletes want to be in cities where you can live that kind of life. I don't see where the conspiracy to make things harder for Canadian teams is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad