Canadian Soccer Part VI; O CANADA O BABY

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
It's good, definitely give this and some of the other player segments!

Also, check this out to get a little more hyped for the week coming up!

Great video and I have previously watched Jack's interviews with Hutchinson and Buchanan.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I can't f***ing sleep. The hell am I going to do with myself for the next 13 hours. Zero productivity today that's for damn sure.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I can't f***ing sleep. The hell am I going to do with myself for the next 13 hours. Zero productivity today that's for damn sure.
FIFA 22...i need to work so i'll just meeting myself to death for the day...maybe a pregame nap

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
It's good, definitely give this and some of the other player segments!

Also, check this out to get a little more hyped for the week coming up!

Awesome video! I have no connection to Canada (besides our shared love for ice hockey) and it even made me a bit emotional. Good luck to you guys and especially to my sweatpants wearing Balkan brother in goal!

I've gotten to see your last 2 starting goalies play in the Romanian league, with very different results. Borjan was loaned from a Turkish team to Vaslui, a small town team (since bankrupt) who he willed up to a Champions League position for the first time in the team's history, with some of the best performances from a goalie I've ever seen in the Romanian League. Almost at the same time, Cluj (a big Romanian team) paid over a million for Lars Hirschfeld, who was already over 30, a lot of money for our league and for an oldish goalie, and he just played 5 games there, where he looked basically like an amateur, dropping balls into the net left and right.

Last edited:

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Seeign Atiba at the World Cup after all years with the national team is going to be amazing

Reactions: Tuggy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
We are in tough tonight. Navas is back in the lineup for Costa Rica and they have only lost one home game all cycle. Going to need to dig deep and push on!

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Anyone feel like posting a projected lineup/formation?

With all the CB injures/lack of fitness its very up in the air if they'll play a back 4 or back 5.

My guess though: Borjan, Laryea, Miller, Vitoria, Johnston, Osorio, Hutchinson, Eustaquio, Millar, David, Buchanan

I mean Larin probably has to draw in somewhere I just like having Millar/Buchanan on the wings since CR is pretty slow....

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Anyone know the exact clinching scenarios outside of a Canada win? I could probably figure it out but don’t have the time

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
In with a draw unless US and Panama both win
In with a loss if US loses and Panama doesn't win

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Anyone know the exact clinching scenarios outside of a Canada win? I could probably figure it out but don’t have the time

Canada: 25 points, +14, 3 games left (@Costa Rica, vs. Jamaica, @Panama)
USA: 21 points, +9, 3 games left (@Mexico, vs Panama, @Costa Rica), needs to be +5 over Canada to pass them
Mexico: 21 points, +6, 3 games left (vs. USA, @Honduras, vs. El Savador), needs to be +5 over Canada to pass them
Panama: 17 points, +1, 3 games left (vs. Honduras, @USA, vs. Canada), needs to be +9 over Canada to pass them outright (so winning out), +8 to tie.
Costa Rica: 16 points, +1, 3 games left (vs. Canada, @El Salvador, vs USA), needs to be +9 and hope Canada destroys its GD by losing all of them games to pass them (so winning out)

Basically, all we need to qualify is for Panama and Costa Rica to lose ONE point each. Costa Rica is playing us and the USA + going to Salvador. They are not getting 9 points. Panama goes to the USA and play us. Mexico is probably going to win out.

To clinch tonight:

- We win (then only USA or Mexico could catch us, not both as they play each other tonight)
- Panama draw and we get at least 1 point tonight (which also prevents Costa Rica from catching us as they need all 9 points to have a chance at catching us. A tie and we are virtually qualified as Panama still need to win out to TIE us and then it becomes a GD thing and we would need to completely collapse for them to catch us in GD)
- Mexico and USA draw, we get at least 1 point. USA play Panama and Costa Rica both. People will drop points and not be able to catch us

I think that's basically it.

EDIT: Mexico beats the USA. USA play 3 teams that are in the race. 3 of the 4 teams behind us need to pass us for us to not qualify. If Mexico wins tonight, the USA have to win out to pass us (+5, and, well, with 2 games left, they need to win out). If they win out, it means that Costa Rica and Panama both lose points so they are done. So yeah, Mexico win tonight and we are in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snippit

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Could be wrong.. but I’ve seen multiple places that if Mexico wins, we’re in no matter what. Same if Honduras draws or ties Panama

I think you are right.

USA play 3 teams that are in the race. 3 of the 4 teams behind us need to pass us for us to not qualify. If Mexico wins tonight, the USA have to win out to pass us (+5, and, well, with 2 games left, they need to win out). If they win out, it means that Costa Rica and Panama both lose points so they are done. So yeah, Mexico win tonight and we are in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad