GDT: Canadian Soccer | Canada at the Copa America - July 9 vs Argentina in the SF

Kirby

Sponsor
Jan 31, 2009
Edmonton
They review and upgrade yellow cards to red on hard fouls missed. It should be the same thing for pure BS dives that were called incorrectly. The yellow should be taken away from Canada and given for the Argentina players performance upon review.

Get the f*** up

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Eh, more the no call before the first goal. They got f***ed around in the Venezuela game too

But not good enough either way. Argentina won’t have such an easy time v Uruguay (or Colombia)

Shaffelburg is the only one that ever looks a threat to score.

It’s too bad Davies can’t be played further up right now
Passing isn't sharp. Need to lead their passes more. Too many soft, slow passes that leave the receiver waiting on it and time for Argentine defenders to break up. Throw more shots at the net - at least force a save to be made.

Reactions: Kirby and Oilhawks

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
They review and upgrade yellow cards to red on hard fouls missed. It should be the same thing for pure BS dives that were called incorrectly. The yellow should be taken away from Canada and given for the Argentina players performance upon review.

Get the f*** up
Honestly straight reds for that would start to curb that shit.

He grabbed his shin acting like that’s where her was “kicked”, bring out the sledgehammer and reward him with the injury he claimed to have.

Euro refs are far less corrupt than Copa.
And wtf is with the diving in COPA. Far more than Euro.
South American teams are notoriously bad for this behaviour, I’ve experienced this in my soccer career as well.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Honestly straight reds for that would start to curb that shit.

He grabbed his shin acting like that’s where her was “kicked”, bring out the sledgehammer and reward him with the injury he claimed to have.

South American teams are notoriously bad for this behaviour, I’ve experienced this in my soccer career as well.

100% to the bolded

And it always feels like CONMEBOL’s directive is to chase out any invitee nations as quickly as possible

Reactions: oilers'72

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
The issue with the diving is they flop onto the ground and roll around like their femur just got snapped in half. If you're rolling around like that you should need to be subbed off because if you're in enough pain to go down and roll around like you need surgery to fuse your bones back together there's no way you should be able to play the rest of the game

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Yup. Has a lot of tattoos but a seemingly low pain tolerance

Wonder if he rolled around the tattoo parlour every time?
The issue with all the diving is that it works. The officials ALWAYS call the foul regardless, and there's no punishment for diving AT ALL. There are no cards, no fines, no suspensions, nothing. There's nothing that's deterring them from wanting to dive for fouls

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The issue with all the diving is that it works. The officials ALWAYS call the foul regardless, and there's no punishment for diving AT ALL. There are no cards, no fines, no suspensions, nothing. There's nothing that's deterring them from wanting to dive for fouls
Yep. Soccer doesn’t even try to curb the embellishment. I love watching these tourneys but it’s embarrassing. Have some pride.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
As much as i want to watch this sport and enjoy it. I don't think I'll ever watch another game again. I can't stand this shit. It's legit unwatchable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad