Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
A lot of waivers today and some potential gems like Jenik, Ryan Suzuki could be interesting adds for the Bs

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Don’t they have almost $2 mill left now?
IMG_9589.jpeg

Is this accurate?
Hard to say. I think they still have to waive or send some ppl to providence.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
We have enough 4th liners/bottom sixers as is. No need to pile on.
Our personnel opening calls for a top 6 goal scorer, but due to our gutless leadership, our cap space only allows us to do nothing., but scour the waiver wires, of course just for exercise.........

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t they delay the Danton heinen signing to the last day or a couple days into the season last year?

Could be the same for Tyler Johnson

Reactions: wintersej

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
GSwayman 1Korpisalo 70
LDLindholm 27Lohrei 6Zadorov 91Wotherspoon 29
RDMcAvoy 73Carlo 25Peeke 52Mitchell 14
LWZacha 18Marchand 63M Jones 49Beecher 19Tufte 10
CE Lindholm 28Coyle 13Frederick 11Kastelic 47
RWPastrnak 88Geekie 39Brazeau 55Koepke 45T Johnson 90
InjuredPoitras 51Regula 75

Reactions: BruinDust

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
It doesn't include Tufte, Koepke or Mitchell who were not waived today.
something that's been confusing me is that I thought we had to waive everyone today to get down to a cap compliant 23 man roster for tomorrow since it takes 24 hours for a player to actually pass through waivers.

Or can we waive like Mitchell and Tufte at 2pm tomorrow to have the roster down to 23 for the 5pm deadline?

Reactions: HustleB

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
something that's been confusing me is that I thought we had to waive everyone today to get down to a cap compliant 23 man roster for tomorrow since it takes 24 hours for a player to actually pass through waivers.

Or can we waive like Mitchell and Tufte at 2pm tomorrow to have the roster down to 23 for the 5pm deadline?

They could also decide to send Beecher Poitras and even Lohrei down to get compliant.Not that I am advocating for that.

I seriously hope Mitchell is only still there because someone forgot about him when filling out the paperwork. He is just awful.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Puckpedia seems to think all those extra guys were sent down. They have the Bruins with a 21 man roster (12F, 7D, 2G) at $1.9m in cap space. That roster includes Poitras, Brazeau and Jones.

I assume they don’t sign Johnson now due to most of the remaining camp going to Swayman. They need some flexibility
I think they sign him right away. I think he's going to be a good utility guy.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

We will find out today.

Jones or even Poitras could start on IR opening a roster spot. Then there is the cap which would require a paper transaction.

Puckpedia seems to think all those extra guys were sent down. They have the Bruins with a 21 man roster (12F, 7D, 2G) at $1.9m in cap space. That roster includes Poitras, Brazeau and Jones.

They never had them on the roster to begin with all summer. Any of the cap sites try to predict the 23 man roster.

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

I think they sign him right away. I think he's going to be a good utility guy.
Tufte, viel, koepke, Mitchell and Sweezey are still on the roster according to the bruins website.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don't know. This line up seems like the years of the "perfection" line (I hated that name).
Top notch D and G but only 1 line that can score.
Definitely improved from last year though. I just hope they get nastier.

I think moving Zacha to 2C would help even out the scoring.

Frederic - Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Zacha - Poitras/Geekie
Jones - Coyle - Poitras/Geekie
Beecher - Kastelic - Brazeau

My guess is it will be tried at some point --- maybe not exactly as above, but Zacha at 2C.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kegs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad