Canadian coach what were you thinking!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I am baffled as to why Canada had Conner Bedard on the bench with a three on three situation. In ten minutes of OT they should have got a whistle and had three on three. You have a hockey phenom sitting on the bench chomping at the bit and you sit him. Totally unacceptable. The match ups were a no brainer. I blame the coach for his inaction.
Bedard was not ready for the WC and it showed. Good luck to him in the future.

I thought it was a great game.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
There was so little 3 on 3 in OT due to the two powerplays and lack of whistles.
I agree. Canada should have found a way to stop play so they could play more 3 on 3. There were so few whistles in the O.T. You get it down to 3 on 3 and then give Bedard some space.

Having said that, it was exciting.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
I am baffled as to why Canada had Conner Bedard on the bench with a three on three situation. In ten minutes of OT they should have got a whistle and had three on three. You have a hockey phenom sitting on the bench chomping at the bit and you sit him. Totally unacceptable. The match ups were a no brainer. I blame the coach for his inaction.

Who?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I agree. Canada should have found a way to stop play so they could play more 3 on 3. There were so few whistles in the O.T. You get it down to 3 on 3 and then give Bedard some space.

Having said that, it was exciting.

I think the Swiss had good skaters and it wouldn’t necessarily be to our benefit.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I think the coach did really well with Bedard this tournament. He had a painful stretch and they got him refocused on his game. But he was a liability away from the puck and OT would have just exasperated it. Lose your man and it’s over. You can’t just look at him and say well..his pedigree and the player he will be…he wasn’t good enough to earn the ice. It’s not the end of the world. He will be for a long long time. Just wasn’t now.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
i did watch the game and the last two minutes of OT was 3 on 3. You put Bedard out there with all of that space. Also why not Tavares and Paul in the shootout?

totally on the coach for this loss

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
All of the posters that think Bedard should not be out on the ice 3 on 3 do not understand that he creates offence which they had none of at the end of the OT. Plus the coach kept putting out two defenceman at the end.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That’s what it took to join the forums, and create a thread. Welcome then, and enjoy.
hope it’s not a burner.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
All of the posters that think Bedard should not be out on the ice 3 on 3 do not understand that he creates offence which they had none of at the end of the OT. Plus the coach kept putting out two defenceman at the end.
He put 2 defencemen out when it was 4 on 4. Most of the OT was either on pp or pk or 4 on 4 following it.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
The last two minutes was three on three with two defencemen, read what I posted. Are you related to the coach or you think that it is best to play defensive hockey when you there is that much space out there. You go for the win not a shootout and why no Tavares or Nick Paul in the shootout?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You go for the win not a shootout and why no Tavares or Nick Paul in the shootout?

Nick Paul is 0 for 1 in his career in terms of shootout percentage.

John Tavares is 1 for 10.

Owen Power is 2 for 4.

Damon Severson is 5 for 9.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad