Rumor: Canadian Bandwagon [New Fan check in and question thread]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I heard there was room ? Gretz said so ?

canadian.bandwagon.oilers.2024.png

Congrats Edmonton !

I've heard your team has two of the best players in hockey. I assume they mean Hyman and Bouchard ?

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I've been telling my friends since December that this team is gonna win it all this year. I believed then and I believe even more now. Almost my whole beer league team is Oilers fans. We're cheering hard from the Yukon.

IMO, during their turnaround, you could see that the maturation process of this team, both the players' experience, and the roster/staff around them, was coming to fruition. VGS and Avalanche went through similar. Lots of other teams too. You have to lose to learn how to win. A guy like Holloway was a much needed factor that wasn't there yet though, and an argument could be made Florida is at a similar stage.

Knoblauch is a high intelligence individual imo and showed it early on in both his lineup and in game decisions, but his interviews just show such a calm, smart leader. And as he said the other night, he consults with anywhere from 5-12 people on each decision, so he's smart enough to not feel like he's the smartest guy in the room all the time. Absolutely loved his interview last night talking about his journey and his wife.

Flowers to Skinner for that performance and stepping up in general. And for all the talk about Dallas' depth, Edm's is massively underrated, as is their ability to defend.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I've been telling my friends since December that this team is gonna win it all this year. I believed then and I believe even more now. Almost my whole beer league team is Oilers fans. We're cheering hard from the Yukon.

IMO, during their turnaround, you could see that the maturation process of this team, both the players' experience, and the roster/staff around them, was coming to fruition. VGS and Avalanche went through similar. Lots of other teams too. You have to lose to learn how to win. A guy like Holloway was a much needed factor that wasn't there yet though, and an argument could be made Florida is at a similar stage.

Knoblauch is a high intelligence individual imo and showed it early on in both his lineup and in game decisions, but his interviews just show such a calm, but smart leader. And as he said the other night, he consults with anywhere from 5-12 people on each decision, so he's smart enough to not feel like he's the smartest guy in the room all the time. Absolutely loved his interview last night talking about his journey and his wife.

Flowers to Skinner for that performance and stepping up in general. And for all the talk about Dallas' depth, Edm's is massively underrated, as is their ability to defence.

It looks like a decent amount of Sens fans are on the wagon. We have a few posters here who are fans of both teams (I've wanted them to win both deep runs ftr). Having Ceci and Brown probably helps bring Sens fans aboard a bit too. Brown has been phenomenal these playoffs, and while Ceci has been up and down he's been very clutch at times (game 7 vs Canucks for example).

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Knoblauch is a high intelligence individual imo and showed it early on in both his lineup and in game decisions, but his interviews just show such a calm, smart leader. And as he said the other night, he consults with anywhere from 5-12 people on each decision, so he's smart enough to not feel like he's the smartest guy in the room all the time. Absolutely loved his interview last night talking about his journey and his wife.

Flowers to Skinner for that performance and stepping up in general. And for all the talk about Dallas' depth, Edm's is massively underrated, as is their ability to defend.

Whats with these latecomer flowers now. We're busy, the Oil have important work to do!

Y'all be fence sitters. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It looks like a decent amount of Sens fans are on the wagon. We have a few posters here who are fans of both teams (I've wanted them to win both deep runs ftr). Having Ceci and Brown probably helps bring Sens fans aboard a bit too. Brown has been phenomenal these playoffs, and while Ceci has been up and down he's been very clutch at times (game 7 vs Canucks for example).
Ya there's a good portion of us. A little more split than I would have thought on the Ottawa board, but hard to pin down why. Lots point to the #1's over the years and all that nonsense of lottery wins.

It's funny cuz Ceci was a whipping boy in Ottawa, so he's always an interesting debate, but Brown was beloved. I've been impressed by both and liked Knob's call to adjust D pairings to change the look against Vancouver. Brown looks like he's got his legs back and we're all happy for him for sure. Nice to see you guys get value out of that salary bonus too.

I'm a big Hyman fan. Guy is a hell of a player.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Flowers to Skinner for that performance and stepping up in general.

I want the Oilers to win just for Skinner and Hyman.

Capfriendly calls him a 1B

1717444714169.png

1717444704476.png

Hope Skinner plays well.

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
Everyone knew we would beat LA. It happened

Everyone said Vancouver was better, they won all the games in the regular season, they had better depth and better goaltending, they were wrong.

Everyone said Dallas would cake walk past us, superior in every facet. Nobody gave us a chance. They were wrong

Now everyone is picking Florida and not giving us a chance. Guess what, they are going to be wrong. This team is determined to get it done.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Whats with these latecomer flowers now. We're busy, the Oil have important work to do!

Y'all be fence sitters. ;)

Lol, that's a fair point, but I consider myself a different beast. I'm a Senators fan first, but I live in the Yukon and my beer league team I've played with for 15+ years is almost all Oilers fans, Family is mostly Oilers fans too, so I've adopted them over the years as the team I watch the most. Saw at least 50% of their regular season the last few years. I fight the good fight for the Oilers on the Senators board and irl.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Lol, that's a fair point, but I consider myself a different beast. I'm a Senators fan first, but I live in the Yukon and my beer league team I've played with for 15+ years is almost all Oilers fans, Family is mostly Oilers fans too, so I've adopted them over the years as the team I watch the most. Saw at least 50% of their regular season the last few years. I fight the good fight for the Oilers on the Senators board and irl.
Just giving some gears. Its all good. The more the merrier. Everybody but Leafs and Flames fans unless you sign allegiance. Nucks fans GTFO!

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012

Ę̵̯͔͍̲̻̪̻̮̞͖̩̩̞̲̠͐́̉̒̍͗̏̑̀̅͋̎̊̾͆͆̈́̾̂̍̈́̌͌̈̓̋̾̇͒͘̕̕͘͜͜͝͠d̴̢̻͉̩͓̥̠̗̩̓̀̀̌̑̑̈͒͐̀̾̎̽͆͑͑̔̿̐͛͊̾͂̈̍̉͘͝͝͝m̶̨̡̱̰̗͉̖̰̜͌̈̂̊̽͂͌̀͐͂̄̇̄̈̄̉̓̐̏̂́͑͐̽̉͂͋͘͜͝͝͝͝o̷̺̿̐̆̉̾̀̏͆̎̇̇͋̈̑͘̚͝͝n̸̢̧͖̠͔̘̫͇͙̖̪̖̹̲͓̘͕̱̘̯͕̫̑͒͆̽́̄́̉̍̓̉́̿̄͊̅̓̄̀̑̃̀̌̍̚͝͝͝͝ͅt̴̘̗̙́̈̎͆̾́̑́̓̈͑́̔̚o̷̡̘̫͙̺͎̭̝͖̩̱͒̅̔̇͋͊̈̿̀ṇ̶̹̮͇͕͍̮̉͒̏́̈̊̒͛̃̿̒̃̓̓͗̿͆̽͛̎̀͒̈́͂͑̈́͆̄͗̀͘̕̕͜͠͝ ̵̧̨̧̛̬̝̹̘͔̘̣̣̞̺͉̹̭̥̞̠͇̦͉̻̔͛̀͌̃̀̏̈́̓̀̾̋̈́͆̓̇̾̊̇͗̚̚̚͜͠͠Ǫ̴̢̧̡̹̹̖̞̺̥̤̣͈̞̘̥͖̬̭̹̥̪̋͆̑̍̀̑̎͆̃̐͗̐͌̎̾̀̓͆͆̂̄̂͑̚ĭ̶̢̧̥̘̦͓͉̞̫̼͔̥͈̖̞͉̘̤̞̖̘̔͋͛̈̏̏͛͗́̉͌́̅̔́̈́͛̽̿͊̈́̌̽̇́̓͐͘̚͝ͅl̵̡̢̧̨͇͇͕̝͙͚̬̣̥͇̯̣̀͂̆̽̏̇̿͐̔͂͆̅̾̈́̌͛̄̓͑̑̃̈͌̈́̌̚͝͝͝͝ę̵͍̼̜̘̞̞͔̘̳̪̹̟̞͔͙̦͈̠͖̎̀́̎͆̄̊̃̈́̈́́͒̽͛̐͊̿̍͊̍́̃́̈́̄̍̊̋̈́̈́̈́̓̅͋̽̂́̕͘̚͠ṙ̴̢̹̻̗͍̪̖̱̭͉͔̝͈͇̯̗̩̈́́̂͊̌̍̉̏̈́͒̒͒̚͘s̴̡̧͇̼͇̙͙̭̘̙̞̻̳̫̺̱̮͙̲̙͕̗͈̓́̈́̊̋̿́̈́̂̅̔̀̈́̋͋͛͒̎͐̀͊̚͜͝͝

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Just giving some gears. Its all good. The more the merrier. Everybody but Leafs and Flames fans unless you sign allegiance. Nucks fans GTFO!
I figured you were but had to make my case. It's like casuals that tell me they're fans of x or y and yet couldn't name a player past the first line. But like McDavid said, sports is about uniting people, so the more the merrier is right.

Nucks fans seem to be holding on to the hostility though, so you should be safe there. I thought the Flames might hate Tkachuk enough to get on, but doesn't sound like it. Leafs fans can take a hike, hard.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Poor guy passed away before getting a chance to be here for this. Hopefully he's somewhere up there watching.

I figured you were but had to make my case. It's like casuals that tell me they're fans of x or y and yet couldn't name a player past the first line. But like McDavid said, sports is about uniting people, so the more the merrier is right.

Nucks fans seem to be holding on to the hostility though, so you should be safe there. I thought the Flames might hate Tkachuk enough to get on, but doesn't sound like it. Leafs fans can take a hike, hard.
Calgary fans have an eternal hate of anything Edmonton. Terminal loathing envy. We don't expect any of them around.

That was just a clip from last episode of first season of True Detective. Best show ever on TV. Somehow the flowers thing stuck wit me. lol

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Calgary fans have an eternal hate of anything Edmonton. Terminal loathing envy. We don't expect any of them around.
Probably for the best. I wouldn't want Leafs fans ever cheering on the Senators. Or Habs fans for that matter.

On the subject of the Habs, I was cheering for the LA Oilers that year, as I assume most of Canada was, so time to bring the cup back to Canada for the first time since 1990.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
On the subject of bandwagoning, I was born in 84, so I missed the Oilers dynasty.

Any good, still available documentaries out there about that team?

I got a couple suggestions from Sens fans, but I'm thinking they're gonna be hard to find via torrent or Youtube.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad