GDT: Canada vs USA

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Can anyone tell me if it‘s only a d-Team playing this year at the whc for Canada due to the corona Pandemie? I mean Canada lost already against Latvia 2-0 now USA is leading 3-0 against them. This is very unusual for Canada.

member 305909

I'm really beginning to like this tournament. Everything is upside down. Keep on bringing the same!

Reactions: Jeff Babchuk

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Starting to doubt this Canada roster can even make the QFs. Or even deserve to. Waited 2 years to watch a senior men’s national hockey game and I guess we should’ve waited 3.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
That Robertson-Moore-Garland line looks really good. Second game in a row where they're easily the best line out there.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I just wanted to say the Canadian squad on paper looked pathetic and it pretty much matches the representation of the team. It's like the entire hockey country of Canada decided to send a junior squad from upper Ontario. Not that they stand out in terms of bigger hockey nations - or wait, they do. This is beyond awful.

Reactions: Summer Rose

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
This might be a G-squad.

Next time people say that Canada could field multiple teams at the Olympics or whatever without trouble, we will just have to point out this team as evidence that it's not the case.

And they haven't even faced anyone good yet (nothing against Latvia of course), and not like the US has a top team here, either.

Reactions: vancouverism

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The US team made of young guys and veterans looking to get back into the NHL looks hungry. The Canadian team not so much.

Reactions: Hagstrom

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I wasn't expecting miracles but i wasn't expecting this either.

They have to let Adin Hill go against Germany and see if he can give them a backbone. We are not getting inside ...big ice seems to have everyone confused about what they are supposed to do..

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I just wanted to say the Canadian squad on paper looked pathetic and it pretty much matches the representation of the team. It's like the entire hockey country of Canada decided to send a junior squad from upper Ontario. Not that they stand out in terms of bigger hockey nations - or wait, they do. This is beyond awful.

I mean so has the US but the US team is playing hard.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I mean so has the US but the US team is playing hard.
At least the US squad has some NHL experience and an actual purpose behind their play. Sure, Canada has some bottom line NHL scrub I've never heard of, but it mostly looks like some college players on vacation.

Canuckistani

Mar 15, 2014
Toronto
Next time people say that Canada could field multiple teams at the Olympics or whatever without trouble, we will just have to point out this team as evidence that it's not the case.

And they haven't even faced anyone good yet (nothing against Latvia of course), and not like the US has a top team here, either.

Canada could field two (maybe three) teams that could compete for a medal, but this team is well below that.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
When it's Canada vs the U.S. at the World Championship, always bet on the team who hates being there the least.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Owen power has not looked as impressive as I thought he would. I still say Clarke is better. Nemec has looked much better than Power so far and is a year younger

serp

Jan 17, 2016
At least the US squad has some NHL experience and an actual purpose behind their play. Sure, Canada has some bottom line NHL scrub I've never heard of, but it mostly looks like some college players on vacation.

Henrique , Kuemper aren't some random scrubs and the young guys like Vilardi and Comtois aren't that bad either. Pretty sure Henrique is the highest paid player on any roster on in the tournament.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Can anyone tell me if it‘s only a d-Team playing this year at the whc for Canada due to the corona Pandemie? I mean Canada lost already against Latvia 2-0 now USA is leading 3-0 against them. This is very unusual for Canada.
The investment in Curling has siphoned off much needed Hockey Canada dollars obviously...hard being the second fiddle sport

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad