Canada Soccer Part VII: Qatar Booked Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Maxim 'Patrick Roy' Crepeau is making his case to move to a bigger club. I hope Canada reaches the SF and maybe the finals because he truly deserves his move. He has been STELLAR. That'll also allow Pantemis, who's been good, to be Portland's no 1.

The other GK at Copa making a strong case for himself is the new Costa Rica. We'll see.

Wonder how long Jacob Shaffelburg remains in Nashville. Highly suspect he will get some attention overseas.

He'll but unfortunately he lacks technical skills to be considered by any top league. He's Vinicius without the skills. More like Oduro with poorer finishing.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Maxim 'Patrick Roy' Crepeau is making his case to move to a bigger club. I hope Canada reaches the SF and maybe the finals because he truly deserves his move. He has been STELLAR. That'll also allow Pantemis, who's been good, to be Portland's no 1.
I was the thinking the same thing with Crepeau. Issue is - he turned 30 this year and has only ever played in the MLS (outside of a brief loan spell with the Fury).

Just don't see him making too big of a step forward at this point. Maybe a middling European league give him a look. Goalies do peak a little later in life. Even then, I don't think its likely.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Same I just don't see what Laryea brings. Maybe I'm missing something...
I think it is down to how poor Tajon has been and the fact Shaff and Millar are much better down the left. Laryea is guaranteed to get the temperature up.. guaranteed yellow night again and we just have to hope he doesn't go over the line.

Reactions: Tuggy

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Same I just don't see what Laryea brings. Maybe I'm missing something...
That "physicality " that the others are talking about. But he doesn't bring any type of skill.

I think it is down to how poor Tajon has been and the fact Shaff and Millar are much better down the left. Laryea is guaranteed to get the temperature up.. guaranteed yellow night again and we just have to hope he doesn't go over the line.
This. Tajon has been poor. But I was hoping for a second half injection of energy. I don't like this.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
The most Canadian thing tonight would be getting a draw and watching Peru stun Argentina and we get knocked out. We gotta win tonight.

Is it just me or this game feels bigger than some of the WC games in 2022? lol or is it because we have a legit shot at getting to a knockout stage in a major tournament

Reactions: Tuggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad