Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
He wasn't great at the Copa but David was worse and he didn't get that kind of hate. (which I am fine with by the way. Don't want anyone getting hate).

On a side note, Messi's boy Kamal has been playing left back for Portland... Can't see us having to do that on the National team.. In fact, it feels like Kamal's spot in in jeopardy heading to 26.
I think Marsh wants to keep Kamal close to the team because of our lack of CB depth.

I'd defer to you, but it doesn't look like there's much coming down the pipe.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I think Marsh wants to keep Kamal close to the team because of our lack of CB depth.
Seems he's 4th choice right now behind Waterman which is still enough to get in the team but if another emerges, feels like it will be him to lose out.

See how the next couple of windows shake out. Hiebert is playing LCB for St Louis, his draw back is his height and not enough pace to make up for it. He's played pretty well though so he's still in the mix.

I have no updates of any kind on De Fougerolles.

Schilte Brown has not got any run yet in Scotland. He has more pace than Kamal and Waterman but he's raw.

Reactions: al secord

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
On a side note, Messi's boy Kamal has been playing left back for Portland... Can't see us having to do that on the National team.. In fact, it feels like Kamal's spot in in jeopardy heading to 26.
I think you are right here.

Kamal is an interesting one. He wasn't great going into qualifying, burst on to the scene and played amazing in the second have of qualifying and the lead up to the WC, and had a solid WC.

I thought he would make his way to Europe around when Johnson did but it just didn't pan out for him. If he is back in 2026 it's as a leadership voice in the room, kind of like Piette on the Qatar team.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006

Kamal is an interesting one. He wasn't great going into qualifying, burst on to the scene and played amazing in the second have of qualifying and the lead up to the WC, and had a solid WC.

I thought he would make his way to Europe around when Johnson did but it just didn't pan out for him. If he is back in 2026 it's as a leadership voice in the room, kind of like Piette on the Qatar team.
I would agree. With a 26 player squad, Kamal could replace Piette in that role.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

Marsh speaks glowingly about him too. His professionalism might keep him around as well.

I don't rate Piette at all. He doesn't have the legs to keep up with the play. Fingers crossed Sigur can develop into that .

Reactions: PanniniClaus

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Marsh speaks glowingly about him too. His professionalism might keep him around as well.

I don't rate Piette at all. He doesn't have the legs to keep up with the play. Fingers crossed Sigur can develop into that .
Piette cannot be on this team in 26. I appreciate what he has done over the last decade or so but it's time for a change there.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Halifax at Valour... not even 20 minutes in and two yellows for Halifax. Nimick and Fillion suspended for this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad