Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Couldn’t they find a Japanese ref who likely hates both countries? Chilean officials is way too close

Reactions: ujju2

3rd Sedin

Dec 15, 2010
Regina
I think De Paul is my new most hated player, and the happiest moment of the half was seeing Kone expose him for the world class bitch that he is.

Clear difference between the two, with Argentina capitalizing on their opportunities. It's exciting to think about what we could do if we sorted out our final third. Sky's the limit!

Hoping Colombia takes this tournament, but also don't want to play against Uruguay in the 3rd place game :D Argentina's theatrics was infuriating enough!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Shaffelburg is now 0-1-4 against Messi, and people wanna claim they're on the same level???
Who said this lol?
Davies is hurt and they show Argentinian fans celebrating in the stands :facepalm:
They celebrate for 90 mins… stop it.
‘Questionable Reffing’ drink every time that’s said in a game involving Argentina….

Also LOL at the USA guy saying Canada. Canada gets in a group with 3 of the last 4 finalist. Makes it out of the group.

USA… well just shits the bed
Yeah buddy sure there was one team in this. The ref was fine. Everyone just nitpicking out of frustration. Expecting perfection?
I mean, even with competent reffing, we would be losing, but yeah, this is pathetic.
Sure… another Madrid fan.
De Paul is such a little bitch :laugh:
I mean you lot have your fair share. RDP is a master at what he does. Today he was my motm. Wouldn’t change a single thing about him. Been his terrible hair and horrid technical abilities at times.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Getting more looks at that 1st goal.. David didn't spend an ounce of energy hurrying De Paul there. Great ball from dick head and a great run and touch by Alvarez. Alvarez showed his class with some amazing touches.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Honestly this was more showing Canada’s level as a opposed to a masterclass by Scaloni or Argentina. Canada had trouble making simple shots, passes and crosses. This really shows how far behind they are. Every time they had the ball I just expected them to pass to an Argentine.

David simply isn’t good enough. How he has bagged 20 goals in France is beyond me. The other Davies every time I watch I come away with “that’s it”? I don’t see a WC player I see a decent FB who relies far too much on being a gifted athlete than a footballer. Since burning the 2nd worst FB Barca had in Semedo, I just don’t get it with him and the hype.

Uruguay should beat us in the final. I beginning to think ADM and Messi can’t start together. There’s no pressing. Alvarez was mammoth but can he do this every game to cover for both oldies? Not sure. The rest of the players were good to decent. Montiel won a starting spot in the final. Enzo looked great today consider how bad he has been this tournament. RDP was a beast as I said earlier my motm. That trident of MartinezX2 and Cuti is the only shot we have against Uruguay they’ll be hard to beat but can Argentina score?

Reactions: Tony Romo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No one is forcing this clown to watch. Whoever this idiot who kicked the ball into RDP is playing right into his hands. I bet RDP has it on replay smiling at a job well done. I know I am.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Ultimately we have a midfield that is getting better and a backline that won't f*** up countless times anymore.

The issue is our inability to score goals which is due to some really underwhelming talent up front. We need players that have pace and can kick a ball with while in motion. The individual talent to score goals in the box isn't there and we are often forced to take extra touches or cross 50/50 balls in the box.

As a Whitecaps fan. Ali Ahmed has been really dissapointing to follow. He showed some epic talent early on but has never really progressed in 2 years.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
It's disappointing, but considering where the program has come from since Herdman was hired, it's quite something. However, it's frustrating at the moment.

Shouldn't be making an over-the-top claim about Jonathan David, but he had a poor game.

But, Kone, deary me... what a player. We need three more midfielders like him.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Ultimately we have a midfield that is getting better and a backline that won't f*** up countless times anymore.

The issue is our inability to score goals which is due to some really underwhelming talent up front. We need players that have pace and can kick a ball with while in motion. The individual talent to score goals in the box isn't there and we are often forced to take extra touches or cross 50/50 balls in the box.

As a Whitecaps fan. Ali Ahmed has been really dissapointing to follow. He showed some epic talent early on but has never really progressed in 2 years.
Ahmed showed his versatility today.. I also don't consider the Whitecaps to be even average at developing talent. They are actually worse than TFC which is hard to do. He needs out of there, much like Adekugbe and Cornelious did.

Having a better cross would add a different option.. we lack that as well as the combo play in tight spaces around the box. Our offense mainly comes from fast breaks on the counter but we still lack the quality to consistently score there.

No one is forcing this clown to watch. Whoever this idiot who kicked the ball into RDP is playing right into his hands. I bet RDP has it on replay smiling at a job well done. I know I am.
Down 2-0 with De Paul rolling around at every turn, he does not come off looking good on that play. It is petulance from Kone but some ref or refs watching that will make a mental note as we head towards 26. See how many calls he gets there if he's still in the team.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Like I said he’s a master at what he does. He’s great at drawing contact and gettting deserved fouls. He’s been doing this for years it won’t change because a few fans get frustrated and not understand what’s actually happening. He protects the ball very well and draws in fouls. Does he stay on the ground far too long and exaggerates his pain yes and that’s his point. He also won’t be on the team in 2 years, not starting I don’t think anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad