Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Now you probably see why I can't stand Millar :laugh:

Crepeau, the hero.

This game had NO business going to PKs
Terrible game. Kept running into the double team. Finally took Arambaru on and drew a card.

Must have won some type of contest in training as he wasn't on my PK list.

His chance at goal was actually pretty good. Nothing else was on and he nearly squeezed that in.

I still feel that is a guy that can take steps forward and we will see if he can at Preston. You can see that we are short on wingers with Hoilett and Tajon out. Hoilett may make it to 2026 but that will be it for him.

Playing defenders like Laryea and Ahmed there is ok in short spurts but we need more. To be fair.. Laryea played a decent game.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Guaranteed 2 more competitive high-pressure games Play the world champions again Prize money Respect/notoriety worldwide SO MUCH momentum now and it will continue into 2026!

Reactions: PanniniClaus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
We've been looking for a CB pair and Cornelius and Bombito have been great.
This is the most important development since the World Cup. We started Miller and Vitoria (slower than slow pair and also not super aerially). Henry had to come in for a game at the WC and by the summer of 23 he was on the Halifax Wanderer bench and could not get start.

So having Cornelious and Bombito ... they have more hops, they have more pace and have more of a passing range. Cornelious sent a couple of beauties forward tonight. Need to keep developing others here but this looks like our pair for the next few years.

We dominated tonight in the air all around. Larin was a big part of that too.

There is part of me that feels if Davies was in the 10 instead of David... we may be even more deadly but with no Adekugbe, Davies is the best choice. The back 4 is the biggest coaching switch and also the right call right now. Really hope Adekugbe , Tajon and Junior can be available for 2026.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Cornelious sent a couple of beauties forward tonight. Need to keep developing others here but this looks like our pair for the next few years.
Playing for Malmo is helping him out a lot. They play an extremely positive style of football and use the CB's to progress the ball and break lines.

It's working out well for us too!

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Based on what?

You probably didn't see their game against Ecuador.

Argentina are absolutely lucky to be in the semis. Just like us Ecuador bottled at least 3 big chances.
Argentina's older guys looked absolutely exhauated after 75 minutes. No idea how their fitness will be Tuesday but I hope Canada presses hard.

We are massive underdogs but there is a sliver of hope.

Last edited:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The Golden Generation 🇨🇦

1720243315408.png

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Gotta start putting respect on Canada’s name! That was the best game they played in my life. They could’ve scored 6 goals last night. I hate the final touches but this garbage of people being shocked needs to stop

Canada is good, they’re legit, they’re on par or better than USA all we hear is all hype from them.

To get 2 more games is awesome. They can relax now and go full out and try new stuff against Argentina. No one expects a win

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
What a great night. The mood of this team is outstanding. What a difference a year makes. What a difference a coach makes.

That game should never have been close, but yet again, our finishing let us down. The Venezuelan goal was a calamity of errors stemming from comical reffing to poor ball management, but Crepeau and the boys shook it off nicely.

My worry is that Argentina has their poor performances out of their system and will be looking to murder us. But these boys have no fear and we know we won't be parking the bus and playing negative football.

Should be fun. So proud of this team.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Gotta start putting respect on Canada’s name! That was the best game they played in my life. They could’ve scored 6 goals last night. I hate the final touches but this garbage of people being shocked needs to stop

Canada is good, they’re legit, they’re on par or better than USA all we hear is all hype from them.

To get 2 more games is awesome. They can relax now and go full out and try new stuff against Argentina. No one expects a win

Part of it is lack of exposure to the masses.

They've been buried on OneSoccer (nothing against OneSoccer, it's just not a popular platform). Now they've got a national audience.

Canada was the best team in Concacaf in qualifying for the last WC, so this isn't coming out of nowhere.

They are the best team in Concacaf IMO and they are just getting better. If they can figure how to finish some of the chances they are able to create, then who knows how good they could be.

For those of us that have followed this program for decades, it's really exciting.

I'm happy that they are performing like this in such a big tournament and on the national stage here in Canada on TSN.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad