Canada Soccer Part VII: Copa America Semifinal Edition

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Just watched Jesse Marsch's press conference and I'm liking him more and more as a manager. Says all the right things.

The one thing Leeds fans said about Jesse was that he was always good with his media interactions. Jesse's problem was his team was relegation level trash and they never went after decent transfers other than a few USMNT players that wanted to play for him; Adams, Aaronson. they gave away their defensive midfield and backs. and Bumford** hated Jesse and dogged it until Jesse was gone.

** yes it's intentionally misspelled.

Reactions: Tuggy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Any chance Shaffelburg gets signed to a big European team after this tournament? He’s really impressed me.
Depends on your definition of 'big'. I don't think he will end up at a traditional big club this window, but could see a move to a top 5 League or one of the bigger clubs outside of those leagues. Maybe a move to the Netherlands, Belgium, or Portugal for instance.

IMO, he is getting himself to Europe, just a matter of when.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Any chance Shaffelburg gets signed to a big European team after this tournament? He’s really impressed me.
Big teams will (rightfully, and I say this as his biggest fan) be put off by his lack of close technical ability (where has has admittedly shown a lot of growth), even as they'd be impressed by his pace, directness, and defensive work rate.

Just because of play style and skillset, I think he'd thrive insanely hard in the Bundesliga but would likely struggle in the PL or, say, Serie A.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
His underlying numbers don't look good in the MLS but he's always impressed me whenever I saw him. Maybe something like a big team in Netherlands/Belgium/Portugal might be better.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Plenty of nervous energy today.

Definitely have a shot tonight but can't be letting up some of the chances like they did in the first match.

And most importantly, Canada NEED to be clinical and take their chances. They can create, but must finish.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Enzo joins De Paul and the Scottish Argentine in MF.

Montiel for Molina at RB. Their L and R backs are more or less interchangeable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad