Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
giphy.gif

Reactions: TMLeafer

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Congratz Canucks. Semis of Copa is an amzing deal.

And you do have a fair shot at Argentina cause they look real banged up. Including Messi.

As an American fan, i'm rooting for you guys cause the further you go, the more embarrassing it looks for "Crock of $h!+" Crocker and the USSF for not choosing Marsch over another crap stint of Berhalter.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
What can you say? Great win. Love how the team is playing under Marsch! Fantastic
match to watch.

Wish we had some finish, as that game should have been over. Even after it was tied, we had the better chances. VEN were the first team I have watched lately that play like us, speed, pace. That was a wickedly paced and exciting game. Put shame to most of the EURO matches imo.

Was disappointed with David's play, mostly in the first half, but so impressed with Larin and Shaffelburg and most of the others. Funny enough, this was the opponent Tajon would have had an impact against. The centre backs are a bit of an adventure, but considering the age and experience they are performing wonderful overall. Bad mistake on the goal against, bet he never makes that mistake again.

Only negatives are finish in the final 3rd and set pieces. Biggest positive I see now is that when we bring guys in off the bench, they are actually able to make an impact... and they bring a little something different from the guys they are replacing. Oluwaseyi looks dangerous!

Have to say, I was down on the team post-WC, they looked dysfunctional. The coaching change, and with it the roster selection seems to have reinvigorated the program!

Glad this ride continues, loving every second of it.

PS - How salty were the FOX broadcast crew?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Yep - stuck with what he had last time. Millar will be on at some point and I felt it would be better to start him. Shaff for the second half and Shaff for pens. Maybe Marsch is saying to heck with pens and playing to win.

Now you probably see why I can't stand Millar :laugh:

Crepeau, the hero.

This game had NO business going to PKs

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Canada has no shot of getting past Argentina but reaching the Semis is a great result no matter how they got there

Based on what?

You probably didn't see their game against Ecuador.

Argentina are absolutely lucky to be in the semis. Just like us Ecuador bottled at least 3 big chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad