Canada Gets Tired Of Not Winning; Sends A Super Team, Who's On It?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Idk he had the same amount of points McDavid and Draisaitl had in game 7.
One game doesn't make a playoff.

You don't think a PP1 of Hughes, Bouch, Miller, Drai, and McDavid wouldn't do absolutely league wide catacylsmic damage to every PK in the league. Have Hughes juking Nyqvist out of his jock, dishing it off to Bouch who fires the rebound, which Miller than picks off in the corner before backing handing it to McDavid who cross paints to Drai who scores a goal that for some reason is worth 3 points instead of 1, just because the entire play looked so crisp?

If you say, so.
I guess if they can make Bouchard look good, they can do the same to Hughes.

And don't get it twisted, I think he's an incredible dman, just left me wanting more this year.

Minnesota Knudsens

Apr 22, 2024
I’ll give it a shot:

Connor - McDavid - Slafkovsky
Sharangovich - Draisaitl - Suzuki
Janmark - Backlund - Coleman (checking/PK)
Lowry - Ryan - Coronato (cap line)

Ekholm - Bouchard
Weegar - Andersson
Guehle - DeMelo

Demko
Wolf

This team has a lot of Flames just because their decent cap hits allow me some more luxury players. This is barely under cap and I don’t have any spare players, but whatever.

Minnesota Knudsens

Apr 22, 2024
I’ll give it a shot:

Connor - McDavid - Slafkovsky
Sharangovich - Draisaitl - Suzuki
Janmark - Backlund - Coleman (checking/PK)
Lowry - Ryan - Coronato (cap line)

Ekholm - Bouchard
Weegar - Andersson
Guehle - DeMelo

Demko
Wolf

This team has a lot of Flames just because their decent cap hits allow me some more luxury players. This is barely under cap and I don’t have any spare players, but whatever.
Maybe swap Coronato for Knies.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Toronto: you tanked for a decade, and since than, your biggest achievement was to get your ass spanked in the second round

Matthews deserves much better than having his prime wasted in such a shameful team

Trade him to Montréal, we'll take care of the rest

Artemi Panarin

Aug 3, 2021
Ко́ркино
Why are people adding Hughes? Dude is kind of a ghost in the playoffs.
Yeah, why are people adding the Norris trophy winner to this super team?

Such mystery

1Vv.gif

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
You don't think a PP1 of Hughes, Bouch, Miller, Drai, and McDavid wouldn't do absolutely league wide catacylsmic damage to every PK in the league. Have Hughes juking Nyqvist out of his jock, dishing it off to Bouch who fires the rebound, which Miller than picks off in the corner before backing handing it to McDavid who cross paints to Drai who scores a goal that for some reason is worth 3 points instead of 1, just because the entire play looked so crisp?

If you say, so.
No because only one player has the puck on his stick at a time and Bouchard brings more of a point shot to the PP.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
You don't even need a full super team. Take the Oilers. Subtract Nurse and Ceci and Kulak and replace that with equivalent cap hit of defense and it's probably a cup win.

Is it even possible to pick 3 worse Canadian defense with a cap hit of 15 million?

And no, subtracting Nurse and Ceci to replace them with Nurse and Ceci doesn't count.

-Nurse (9.25M), Ceci (3.25M), Kulak (2.75M) = 15.25M
+Makar (9.00M), Morrissey (6.25M) = 15.25M

Morrissey-Makar
Ekholm-Bouchard
Broberg-?

That's a defensive corps that can defend and move the puck up the ice. Even keeping Skinner and making no other changes... what a difference.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Swap Nurse - Ceci for better dmen and get a far better netminder and the Cats would have been done. McDavid could have taken a nap in the Finals and won the Cup, which almost happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad