GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The vast majority of the NHL gives the Pens issues in their own end, unfortunately. But when you have your big guns playing, you at least expect to control that a little against a weaker team. Not get outshot that badly. Win is whatever, looking at the other things, same issues, different year.
Yeah, same issues and same listlessness on the ice as last year.

Nice to see Crosby and Malkin still looking good though. If they can stave off father time another year the Pens will at least be competitive most nights *shrug*

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012

Nice to see Crosby and Malkin still looking good though. If they can stave off father time another year the Pens will at least be competitive most nights *shrug*
I think that makes me the saddest about this all, 87 and 71 looking good, but knowing how this will end with this team the way its coached.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Yeah they sorta kinda won this one on individual efforts from old men and some favorable bounces. They put up only 26 total shots against a probably-not-very-good team. Encouraged by a handful of guys though. I thought Brunicke, Pick and honestly even some of Glass and Beau's games were good. Also liked Larsson.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
How sad were you though? Did you like, cry watching this preseason game?
I dimmed the lights, played some sad music, lit some candles for more ambiance, and then yelled into the sky while bawling.

Yeah they sorta kinda won this one on individual efforts from old men and some favorable bounces. They put up only 19 total shots against a probably-not-very-good team. Encouraged by a handful of guys though. I thought Brunicke, Pick and honestly even some of Glass and Beau's games were good. Also liked Larsson.
26 shots to 38, lol...that's not really showing any kind of improvement defensively which I mean, I really didn't expect even with the players that were dressed for this game.

In a game like this, I would have liked to see more out of Glass, Beauvillier had a better game.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Nice hill to die on, defending Noel Accairi. :laugh:
Lol, imagine shitting all over a rookie that did well considering he was quite literally considered a rookie last season, then uses multiple examples of players that have played 180-300+ games in the NHL and then Noel f***in' Acciari, lol.

To be that big of an ignorant is quite special.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have actual prospects on D. Pickering looked good. RD with the draft picks. St Ivany third pairing. and have to wonder if Dubas will extend Petts. Send Brunicke back to juniors and another year in the AHL. The rebuild to use that term in after this year. In a couple years we will see
Rutger M Sid ?
Benning Geno Rakell
DOC Broz Glass
Ponomarev Poulin ?

Graves Letang
Pickering St Ivany
Ludwig Brunicke

Dubas trades Rust and Karlsson

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
26 shots to 38, lol...that's not really showing any kind of improvement defensively which I mean, I really didn't expect even with the players that were dressed for this game.

In a game like this, I would have liked to see more out of Glass, Beauvillier had a better game.

Sorry I'm not sure where I got 19SOG from lol. So it wasn't quite SO bad. The Penguins seemed like they mostly took over the game the last third of the 2nd period and the entirety of the 3rd TBH.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Weird you say that, I was just thinking the same thing.

I think I finally unlocked Sully hockey strategy.

Sid line, GO SCORE
Geno line, GO SCORE, but you better not mess up!!!
3rd line..... dump, dump dump the puck and get off the ice.......... WHY DIDN'T you SCORE?
4th line.......... GET RID OF PUCK NOW AND GET OFF OF THE ICE........... you SU.... WHY DID YOU GIVE UP A GOAL????!!!
Now do that for 7yrs and then be called a top 5 coach with zero playoff series wins and missing twice.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Sorry I'm not sure where I got 19SOG from lol. So it wasn't quite SO bad. The Penguins seemed like the mostly took over the game the last third of the 2nd period and the entirety of the 3rd.
Pens capitalized on their shots, which I mean yeah when you look at the Sens and their goalie, but this was more or less just for Sid & Geno to just do their thing to shake off some cobwebs for their osteoporosis asses.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Nice hill to die on, defending Noel Accairi. :laugh:
"Earn it, like Noel Acciari" :laugh:

Gimme a "none of these guys earned it" roster. Play all of McG, Pono, Poulin, Puustinen, Broz, St. Ivany. The whole lot of 'em.

What's the worst that happens? This team's bad? This team's been bad for closer to a decade than not. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Ease of goals aside, Malkin looked genuinely good tonight. Could have had a few more points.
I think mentally he's just happy knowing he isn't getting f***ed for a winger, he genuinely seems to like Bunting on his wing and plays like it. Same for Rakell. To get a set of wingers that he might actually get to hang on to if Rust isn't injured, Geno is just happy until that happens.

Gimme a "none of these guys earned it" roster. Play all of McG, Pono, Poulin, Puustinen, Broz, St. Ivany. The whole lot of 'em.

What's the worst that happens? This team's bad? This team's been bad for closer to a decade than not. :laugh:
Next up, "Cwaig Adams had insane P/60 over this rookie!" - or some dumb shit.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

I don’t know who the f*** half these people are? And the ones I do know suck lol.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Pens have actual prospects on D. Pickering looked good. RD with the draft picks. St Ivany third pairing. and have to wonder if Dubas will extend Petts. Send Brunicke back to juniors and another year in the AHL. The rebuild to use that term in after this year. In a couple years we will see
Rutger M Sid ?
Benning Geno Rakell
DOC Broz Glass
Ponomarev Poulin ?

Graves Letang
Pickering St Ivany
Ludwig Brunicke

Dubas trades Rust and Karlsson

Bro Geno has 2 years left. You won’t be seeing geno in 2 years on any roster.

And the fact you have glass here in 2 years is laughable. That’s an awful team even with geno.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Reactions: Pancakes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad