Rumor: Cam Fowler potentially available, Gibson, too

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
That .888 sv% should be the nail in the coffin of pretending Gibson is the same goaltender as he was 5 years ago. He’s been cooked for half a decade. This has to be a top 5 worst contract for a goaltender all time. He got his money and has shit all over himself ever since. Ducks are going to have to eat this one.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That .888 sv% should be the nail in the coffin of pretending Gibson is the same goaltender as he was 5 years ago. He’s been cooked for half a decade. This has to be a top 5 worst contract for a goaltender all time. He got his money and has shit all over himself ever since. Ducks are going to have to eat this one.
I just don’t think it even makes sense… we don’t really have anyone else for nhl play…. Clang isn’t ready and dostal prob needs a 1a/1b scenario with a vet for another year or 2…. Might as well keep gibson…. Not to mention I’m pretty sure we’re close to the floor.

Maybe Gibson wants out…. But at that point we’re basically giving him away w/retention prob not worth it for us

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Fowler to Detroit makes a lot of sense. He’s from there and I think he would be a good partner for Seider, and the rest of their defense isn’t great either. The Ducks will almost certainly have to take quite a bit of salary back, too.
Matta and something else (Husso). Maybe holl but he has two years left. Then whatever else to actually land Fowler.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm shocked Fowler is still a Duck. He's a top 4 D on almost every team still and on a fair contract. Ducks could've got assets for him ages ago but I guess they wanted a good vet for the rebuild to stick around or he didn't want to really leave or both.
4 team ntc…. So if he didn’t want to leave it would have been hard to find a trade where
1) team wants him
2) team has cap space
3) fowler willing to go there, or wanting to leave Anaheim

This news coming out, makes me think fowler is more willing to leave now or PV sat down with him and let him know that he wasn’t really part of the future.

Matta and something else (Husso). Maybe holl but he has two years left. Then whatever else to actually land Fowler.
Idk that we can do Husso unless it’s to flip him instantly or we have a gibson trade lined up

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
4 team ntc…. So if he didn’t want to leave it would have been hard to find a trade where
1) team wants him
2) team has cap space

This news coming out, makes me think fowler is more willing to leave now

Idk that we can do Husso unless it’s to flip him instantly or we have a gibson trade lined up
I hear that about Husso. So maybe holl included

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I hear that about Husso. So maybe holl included
Holl could make a lot of sense because we’re pretty weak on RHD

Gudas is really the only nhl rhd we have

Outside of him we have
Luneau- but had most of last year off with medical issue, and has had a tough career in terms of health/injuries

Zellweger/Lacombe and I think dumolin all lhd but I think they can comfortably play RHD if needed

And helleson is prob first call up from the gulls

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
1) team wants him
2) team has cap space

This news coming out, makes me think fowler is more willing to leave now or PV sat down with him and let him know that he wasn’t really part of the future.

I get you hate Fowler, but cmon man. Matta and Husso for Fowler? WTF. Why would the Ducks do that? And yes I know you think it is addition by subtraction, but the Ducks could trade him at the deadline with retention and get a really good return.

He is not a top pairing defensemen but he is a top 4 on almost every team in the league. Matta and Husso is a trash and I would rather keep him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I get you hate Fowler, but cmon man. Matta and Husso for Fowler? WTF. Why would the Ducks do that? And yes I know you think it is addition by subtraction, but the Ducks could trade him at the deadline with retention and get a really good return.

He is not a top pairing defensemen but he is a top 4 on almost every team in the league. Matta and Husso is a trash and I would rather keep him.
You do realize there was the
“And whatever it takes to get fowler” in the original post

Which implies other pieces, that Husso/holl conversation is just to figure out cap space to get fowler in

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
fowler should have been traded a while a while ago

that being said i think the wings make sense, especially if ducks are willing to take back a contract
I think they have to for it even be an option or heavy retention … I assume Anaheim would rather take back cap rather than retain

Reactions: TheNewEra

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

Määttä isnt trash. Not saying he's enough to get Fowler but he would be a good add in a package.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad