Injury Report: Calvin de Haan (Eye)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Calvin de Haan has been on the receiving end of two nasty high sticks this season, and the latest is certainly a concern.
Alexander Kerfoot's stick, on a follow through, got under de Haan's visor, catching him in a dangerous place. De Haan left the game and was taken to the hospital for further evaluation.
"We hope he's going to be OK," Brind'Amour said.
Recap: Mrazek, Hurricanes Shut Out Avalanche

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Good to hear he’s alright. Was pretty nervous last night after not seeing any blood on the ice

Not to be a dick, but it doesn't say in that statement that he's "alright."

Hard to tell from that lingo if that means he'll be ready to play on friday but I would assume so. We'll need every able bodied player we can get. Torts head would explode if they lost that game.

That statement definitely leaves a lot of room for interpretation.

"At this point ..." - implies it's too soon to say anything more, meaning there will be steps in the process.

"... responding as we would hope." -- implies a) there was something wrong that required responding to, and b) there was a non-zero chance it would *not* respond.

"... optimistic that he will make a normal recovery without restrictions to his ability to play hockey." -- the need for optimism again implies that there is clearly an injury from which recovery is not assured.

"... in the near future." -- this means virtually nothing without context, but my reading between the lines says that he's going to be out a while. If he was "alright," Waddell would have said he was "alright." The fact that they put out a statement is a little concerning in and of itself. The fact that the statement was exceedingly vague is even more concerning. He's clearly got something going on, and with vision being pretty important to a hockey player, I'd be surprised if we didn't see Fleury called up soon.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad