Confirmed with Link: Calum Ritchie signs ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
With how rapidly our window is closing, I feel like Ritchie should be playing for the Avs in the playoffs and if he isn't, whoever we traded him for should be. I wouldn't have said this 2 years ago or even thought of it much before then.

Depending on how he is performing and the rest of the team is shaking out, I'd definitely give him some NHL games to start the season and see what he does with it. But I'd be moving him to wing, yesterday. It's his best chance to early success and quite frankly where we need offensive skill the most at the moment. Pin his ass to Mitts wing and give them Lehky when he's good to go but it'll probably be some combination of LOC/Wood until then.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
With how rapidly our window is closing, I feel like Ritchie should be playing for the Avs in the playoffs and if he isn't, whoever we traded him for should be. I wouldn't have said this 2 years ago or even thought of it much before then.

Depending on how he is performing and the rest of the team is shaking out, I'd definitely give him some NHL games to start the season and see what he does with it. But I'd be moving him to wing, yesterday. It's his best chance to early success and quite frankly where we need offensive skill the most at the moment. Pin his ass to Mitts wing and give them Lehky when he's good to go but it'll probably be some combination of LOC/Wood until then.
I'd say there is a good chance that if Ritchie is sent down, that he's not available til June. Oshawa should be one of the favorites in the East and probably facing London for the title.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Yeah it doesn’t sound like Bednar is in favour of him being in the lineup currently. Said he has a lot of work to do on the defensive side of things, and I agree. Great when he has the puck, but he’s invisible when he doesn’t have it. No doubt he can get there, just a matter of when.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
Yeah it doesn’t sound like Bednar is in favour of him being in the lineup currently. Said he has a lot of work to do on the defensive side of things, and I agree. Great when he has the puck, but he’s invisible when he doesn’t have it. No doubt he can get there, just a matter of when.
Plus once the games matter, the likelihood he receives much PP time is slim, where he’s most likely to succeed. Be interesting to see how he handles the wing the next game here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad