Proposal: Calgary MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Where do I sign? I know Gallagher is already 29, but he’s got heart. Having him, Tkachuk, and Mangiapane stirring the pot would be nice. However, this would really give a disadvantage to the Flames with height and weight. Would have to see if Johnny extends first.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bad deal for the Habs. Jacob Pelletier + 2nd is like a trade deadline value if Gallagher was a pending UFA. Adding a cap dump like Lucic on top? Not going to happen.

Gallagher:

* Age 29-34
* $6.5M AAV
* NTC/NMC (6 team no trade list)
* $0 in signing bonus money
* 0.68 pts/game over the last 3 seasons (97 games)
* 8 PP points (12% of total production)
* 60.4% Corsi for with 60.7% of offensive zone starts

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
A small winger, a 2nd-round pick and a cap dump for Gallagher? Marc Bergevin would have to be a fool to pass on such an AWESOME deal!!!!!!!!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
As a Flames fan I'd rather just see how our prospects develop instead of committing even further to a failed core and making the inevitable rebuild even longer/painful.
So like what is going in Montreal then lol ugh I laugh to not cry.

Reactions: TML1990

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I love Pelletier, but I'd probably do this. My only concern is that I don't really want to be trading futures until we 100% have Gaudreau under long term contract. Every indication is that he wants to sign long term here, but until he's actually signed, not sure we want to be making trades like this.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I like Ghallagher, but it looks like his play took a step back last year. The Flames need a legit playoff performer. Also, the Flames should not be trading prospects like Pelletier to strengthen the current core, that may blow up in a few months.

I do think Pelletier (recent 1st rounder who had a fantastic WCJ) plus 2nd is about fair value for Gallagher at this point. Habs fans moaning about value are going to be dissapointed if they think that Ghallagher is getting more than a mid-late 1st plus 2nd.

Reactions: McJedi

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Bad deal for the Habs. Jacob Pelletier + 2nd is like a trade deadline value if Gallagher was a pending UFA. Adding a cap dump like Lucic on top? Not going to happen.

Gallagher:

* Age 29-34
* $6.5M AAV
* NTC/NMC (6 team no trade list)
* $0 in signing bonus money
* 0.68 pts/game over the last 3 seasons (97 games)
* 8 PP points (12% of total production)
* 60.4% Corsi for with 60.7% of offensive zone starts

I think it's unreasonable to expect to ship out a player with a 6.5 million cap hit signed through 2027 without having to take back some salary...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Not involving Gally of course but what about Kylington? I'd be interested to try him out in Montréal.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Where do I sign? I know Gallagher is already 29, but he’s got heart. Having him, Tkachuk, and Mangiapane stirring the pot would be nice. However, this would really give a disadvantage to the Flames with height and weight. Would have to see if Johnny extends first.
I like this Flames edition, thought they would be better last year. Having Gallagher on their team would make them the most hated team in the league for sure. I think the value is ok, but I don't want to see Gallagher in another jersey even if the Flames would suit him very well I think.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I like Ghallagher, but it looks like his play took a step back last year. The Flames need a legit playoff performer. Also, the Flames should not be trading prospects like Pelletier to strengthen the current core, that may blow up in a few months.

I do think Pelletier (recent 1st rounder who had a fantastic WCJ) plus 2nd is about fair value for Gallagher at this point. Habs fans moaning about value are going to be dissapointed if they think that Ghallagher is getting more than a mid-late 1st plus 2nd.
I think his value around the league is higher then his perceived value on HF to be honest. I think that's a legit offer for him considering Lucic only has a year left, but I think we might be able to get a prospect a little better as a center piece.
What makes you think his play fell off recently? He was on pace for 30+ goals and 50+ points last season. He was injured and getting extra defensive duties in the playoffs (*very successfully)

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Doesn't that depend entirely on how Pelletier does if/when he reaches the NHL, and who the Habs draft with that 2nd rd pick?

Montreal could absolutely win this trade...
Habs could absolutely lose this trade, too. It's not as if Pelletier is a can't-miss prospect.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Doesn't that depend entirely on how Pelletier does if/when he reaches the NHL, and who the Habs draft with that 2nd rd pick?

Montreal could absolutely win this trade...

In terms of value, not close at all. Gallagher on its own would easily be able to bring back Pelletier + 2nd. In the proposal, the habs are also taking in Lucic who is a 6 M cap dump for 2 years.
For the flames to get rid of Lucic's contract, they would need to send back at least a 1st round pick with it. The leafs had to trade a 1st round pick with Marleau to get rid of his contract, and he only had 1 year left at 6.25 M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad