Calgary Flames quietly leading the NHL in preseason standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
With a win over Kraken, they are #1 in the standings. 6 games, 5 wins and 1 OTL. Only team that doesn't have a regulation loss so far.

A lot of guys were writing them off prior to the season. But that team still has a lot of talent and they are hungry to prove themselves. Are they going to be a playoff team again?

Reactions: Rich Nixon

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
With a win over Kraken, they are #1 in the standings. 6 games, 5 wins and 1 OTL. Only team that doesn't have a regulation loss so far.

A lot of guys were writing them off prior to the season. But that team still has a lot of talent and they are hungry to prove themselves. Are they going to be a playoff team again?
Dude its freaking preseason. Calgary just beating a bunch of AHL rosters dont mean anything just like how they beat Canucks last year in preseason 10-0 only to finish out of playoffs while Canucks won the division. Preseason means absolutely nothing 🤣

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
I like a lot of their players especially the forwards. Miromanov I think is could be a real find, if he can play well with Weegar and Andersson they will be better than expected.

However the rest of the defense and goaltending will fail them most likely. They just lost so much talent there.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Preseason is preseason

I think they can come in 4th5th for the division. Can they squeeze into a wild card? Maybe.

I see

Jets
Smashville
Avalanche.
Stars

Wild

Making it

Pacific

Canucks
 OILERS
Vegas
Kings

Then

Kraken v Calgary and Wild have to fight out and make a Wild card.

Maybe Utah becomes sneaky.

Edit: oilers over Flames mb

Last edited:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Remember the historically bad 2017 Avalanche? They won all their preseason games.

It's pretty meaningless.

The Decade of Darkness Oiler teams with Hall-Eberle had some very good preseasons too lol. I think one of the years they even had a red hot first 6 or 7 games into the season before completely falling apart.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
It wasn’t too long ago that the Flames were considered the best 5v5 team in hockey for a full regular season - all to get decimated by the Oilers in the playoffs and have both their stars running off to a different country.

Anyways…back to the preseason cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad