Calgary Flames quietly leading the NHL in preseason standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Preseason is preseason

I think they can come in 4th5th for the division. Can they squeeze into a wild card? Maybe.

I see

Jets
Smashville
Avalanche.
Stars

Wild

Making it

Pacific

Canucks
Flames
Vegas
Kings

Then

Kraken v Calgary and Wild have to fight out and make a Wild card.

Maybe Utah becomes sneaky.
Flames coming in second AND Calgary going for a wildcard spot? When did they get a 2nd team?

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
With a win over Kraken, they are #1 in the standings. 6 games, 5 wins and 1 OTL. Only team that doesn't have a regulation loss so far.

A lot of guys were writing them off prior to the season. But that team still has a lot of talent and they are hungry to prove themselves. Are they going to be a playoff team again?
Looks like our Stanley Cup final is set - Flames vs Sabres

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
It's pre-season so I put 3% stock into it, that said the Flames won't be as bad as a lot of people think (bottom 3-5). Personally I want a top 3 draft pick as I believe we need to draft a franchise center so I hope the Flames suck, but there is still too much talent on this team to be properly bad.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
To be fair the Flames do have one of the better AHL farm teams. Still building that top end prospect pool but loads of depth. The preseason has split squad games, so the Flames have advantages there.

Zero bearing on the actual regular season though. I guess if all the star players gather in one building, and then that building gets hit by an asteroid... Yes the Flames will do well.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Pre season is completely random but sure. Bunch of guys trying to make a team and a bunch of vets getting the cob webs out.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
giphy.webp

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
No. We're going to be bad, really bad.

I learned a long time ago that the preseason means squat. OP needs to learn that too it seems.

We'll be entertaining I think and I think we'll keep it close but we're going to lose a lot of games by 1 goal (and an EN) and 2 goals (and an EN) this year.

It wasn’t too long ago that the Flames were considered the best 5v5 team in hockey for a full regular season - all to get decimated by the Oilers in the playoffs and have both their stars running off to a different country.

Anyways…back to the preseason cup.
Why do you feel the need to make something about the Oilers where they aren't even mentioned? You need to get over whatever insecurity you have.

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
With a win over Kraken, they are #1 in the standings. 6 games, 5 wins and 1 OTL. Only team that doesn't have a regulation loss so far.

A lot of guys were writing them off prior to the season. But that team still has a lot of talent and they are hungry to prove themselves. Are they going to be a playoff team again?
As a Hab fan I hope the flames battle all year and just fall short of the wild card finishing 21-22 overall.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Our defence is going to kill us. We've got Andersson and Weegar and then after that a bunch of nobodies who will be replacements for Tanev, Hanifin, Kylington, and Zadorov.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
The worst season the Avs ever had, I want to say they went perfect in the preseason, so take that for what you will lol

bWU

This franchise needs a top 3 pick so incredibly bad. Looks to be a good year to draft a franchise C prospect.
I'm not sure however that's in the cards. If Wolf and Vladar are good I could see them in the playoff mix for entirely way too long. I think they'll probably score more than a lot of pundits are projecting.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Team with decent prospects and more importantly, a fair amount of lineup spots available to be won does good in pre-season, the part of the year where veterans don’t try and the only player who do are… the prospects trying to make a name for themselves and the guys trying to earn spots in an NHL lineup. Groundbreaking news.

Next you’ll tell me there is a young player who is going to take over the NHL following his unreal play in preseason, like how Marco Rossi did 2 years ago after getting 9 points in 5 games, or my all time favorite when Ty Rattie was going to take the league by storm on a line with McDavid after 11 points in 4 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad