Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Teams turn the screws on players for the first 10 years of their careers and then get weird when a player turns it around on them the first chance he gets. Neely is a fool for breaking publicly.

You might have a point if Swayman had even been in the league for ten years.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
As a Bruins fan i wouldn't be surprised if a lopsided trade not favoring the B's happens. I hope I'm wrong but typically the owners don't like or play ball with players like this.
I’d agree here. Under Jeremy Jacob’s, they are not afraid to trade anyone, espiecally disgruntled players. Adam Oates publicly said how Boston was stingy and didn’t replace cam Neely etc, Boston stripped Oates of his captaincy and traded him to washington. Jacob’s doesn’t play around.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011
I’d agree here. Under Jeremy Jacob’s, they are not afraid to trade anyone, espiecally disgruntled players. Adam Oates publicly said how Boston was stingy and didn’t replace cam Neely etc, Boston stripped Oates of his captaincy and traded him to Boston. Jacob’s doesn’t play around.
Boston never traded Oates to Boston :laugh::laugh:. In all seriousness though, the Jacobs' clearly aren't afraid of making controversial trades. Which ultimately may or may not be a positive. We will find out in seasons to come.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Boston never traded Oates to Boston :laugh::laugh:. In all seriousness though, the Jacobs' clearly aren't afraid of making controversial trades. Which ultimately may or may not be a positive. We will find out in seasons to come.
Yes I made a mistake, thanks for pointing that out

I have edited my post

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011
Yes I made a mistake, thanks for pointing that out

I have edited my post
Sorry, just poking a little fun at your expense... ;) You are not wrong at all, the point still stands that Boston isn't afraid of controversial trades. Again, this could be a positive or a negative.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
He isn't asking for 8 though. If he was this would've been done already. It's been abundantly clear the Bruins would be willing to go to 8-8.5 the whole process because they left that much cap open. Swayman wants more than that and is refusing to play until he gets it, which anymore than 8.5 would force another roster move. That, to this fan, is absolutely booable.
I'm not opposed to what you are saying, just curious is there really that much on the table? Do the Bruins have the rest of their roster filled out and that much left for Swayman? If so, weird he hasn't just signed for that much.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Trading Ullmark was just really dumb. Surrendered all of their leverage.
Yes, but the flipside is if they still had Ullmark, Swayman would be gone anyway. They could not have paid Swayman what he wanted and still kept Ullmark. Of course, maybe even with that, maybe keeping Ullmark was the play given how greedy Swayman is being. Becoming a starter for the first time in his career and he thinks he's already worth that much?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad