GDT: Calgary at Vancouver April 13th , 7pm MT - Johnny Hockey and Arnold!! SN-W

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Obviously everyone here hopes Sedin is ok. Of course, if this happened to Giordano, Canucks fans would give him the same treatment. They'd hope he was ok but they'd make jokes about it and defend whoever hurt him. That's how a rivalry works. A lot of people need to pull their heads out of their ass. Obviously Byron's hit wasn't ok and we all know that but do you really think the Canucks fanbase would have a different reaction to one of our players.

The hypocrisy on the internet as a whole pisses me off.

Bingo.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
That wasn't a dirty hit at all. Wish shanaban was still in charge, no way he gets a suspension. But with a new guy, you never know.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
Obviously everyone here hopes Sedin is ok. Of course, if this happened to Giordano, Canucks fans would give him the same treatment. They'd hope he was ok but they'd make jokes about it and defend whoever hurt him. That's how a rivalry works. A lot of people need to pull their heads out of their ass. Obviously Byron's hit wasn't ok and we all know that but do you really think the Canucks fanbase would have a different reaction to one of our players.

We generally never wish ill-will on a player unless they're a renowned dirty player/pest.
If Gio went down in the same fashion Daniel did, you bet your ass we'll be the first one's wishing him well.

There is no rivalry. This isn't 2008. I am liking the Flames style of rebuild and think you guys will have a solid club in a few years.

[Mod]

I'll bow out of here. Have a good summer everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

You must be pissed off a lot. :laugh:

Frankly, I don't put a whole lot of blame on Byron for this. He was trying to hit Sedin's shoulder as he turned, but Sedin didn't turn all the way. Even with that fact, the hit still wasn't high-impact. Looked like he just caught the boards in an awkward and unlikely way.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
You must be pissed off a lot. :laugh:

Frankly, I don't put a whole lot of blame on Byron for this. He was trying to hit Sedin's shoulder as he turned, but Sedin didn't turn all the way. Even with that fact, the hit still wasn't high-impact. Looked like he just caught the boards in an awkward and unlikely way.

And for full disclosure, I don't think that hit is all that dirty. I'm just disgusted with some of the reaction in here.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
How hard it was isn't really relevant. Players have to stop hitting each other from behind, or those plays will continue to result in head injuries.

Players need to stop putting themselves in awkward positions as well though. Sedin looked right at Byron made an assumption that Byron would not check him, and turned into the boards.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We generally never wish ill-will on a player unless they're a renowned dirty player/pest.
If Gio went down in the same fashion Daniel did, you bet your ass we'll be the first one's wishing him well.

There is no rivalry. This isn't 2008. I am liking the Flames style of rebuild and think you guys will have a solid club in a few years.

The reaction in here speaks volumes to me about the character of the online Flame-fan presence, and it's sickening.

I'm not sure what exactly you're expecting us to do. If we were in a Canucks/league-wide environment I'm sure we'd be sharing condolences, but there isn't really an audience for Canuck-love in here. We all know that hockey players are human and we all hope they're ok, but it isn't exactly discussion-worthy on a Flames forum. If you come onto another team's board, you are not the target audience.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
And for full disclosure, I don't think that hit is all that dirty. I'm just disgusted with some of the reaction in here.

Oh please. If the same thing happened to one of our players your board would be joshing him as well. I'm sorry if your offended.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012

The reaction in here speaks volumes to me about the character of the online Flame-fan presence, and it's sickening.

Dude if you come in this thread to make sure the flames fans are being class acts when a player turns his back on the play and a guy who is 5'7 and finishes his check, and it becomes an awkward hit....give your head a shake. Not that I give a flying **** what canuck fans think in general, but you sound like a POS.

Honestly, no one wants to see someone get seriously injured, it just so happens it was your best player and our smallest.

Wait, now our 2nd smallest.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Players need to stop putting themselves in awkward positions as well though. Sedin looked right at Byron made an assumption that Byron would not check him, and turned into the boards.

He made that assumption because the check would have been, and was, illegal.

Trae

Calgary
Byron is still smaller than Gaudreau pretty sure. Hoping Gaudreau gets an assist, his passing has been excellent this game.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Stolen from the main board:
cropped_848377351.gif

I agree with the awkward but not malicious sentiment.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Dude if you come in this thread to make sure the flames fans are being class acts when a player turns his back on the play and a guy who is 5'7 and finishes his check, and it becomes an awkward hit....give your head a shake. Not that I give a flying **** what canuck fans think in general, but you sound like a POS.

Honestly, no one wants to see someone get seriously injured, it just so happens it was your best player and our smallest.

Wait, now our 2nd smallest.

Byron's size is irrelevant.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary

It goes both ways. Canucks fans are calling for Byron's head, and hoping for Kassian and Sestito to goon up the Flames; on a hit that wasn't even malicious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad