Calgary announces agreement for new $1.2 billion arena for the Flames

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pucklington

Zum Bäcker.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
They can have it. We'll just spend our money on something else.

In all seriousness I wonder if that's why Utah has suddenly jumped onto the radar screen. Is this another ploy by the Flames owners to score their free money from Calgary taxpayers (Like the Oilers tried to pull off with a visit to Seattle that one time)?
I could see that with Murray Edwards...

Apr 29, 2017
This is good news …. Alberta’s premier city getting a new piece infrastructure like this would be fantastic … as a city taxpayer I fully support this and money well spent …
Then the taxpayers of Calgary can pay for it. $330 mil from the Province. Smith was opposed to any provincial money for Edmonton. I guess that sentiment goes out the window when she’s buying votes in Calgary.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
This is good news …. Alberta’s premier city getting a new piece infrastructure like this would be fantastic … as a city taxpayer I fully support this and money well spent …

Calgary is Alberta's premier city? Didn't know that (I'm American never been to Alberta). I had thought Edmonton was the premier city.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Don’t agree with this but alas, Calgary isn’t the first and won’t be the last city to publicly fund arenas. And puts kabosh on the idea that Canadian cities won’t cave.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
WE GOTTA PAY FOR THEIR ARENA?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And the demolition of the old one....

I am correct in that Northlands Coliseum is still standing with them trying to figure out wtf to do with it, right?

Wow.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
And the demolition of the old one....

I am correct in that Northlands Coliseum is still standing with them trying to figure out wtf to do with it, right?

Wow.
I don't get it.
If she fishing for votes? Everyone in that cowdung city votes blue anyway.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Calgary is Alberta's premier city? Didn't know that (I'm American never been to Alberta). I had thought Edmonton was the premier city.

Calgary has always had superiority complex so we just let them go along with it. I lived there for a number of years after high school (and before ever living in Edmonton....and live nowhere near either now) and it was amazing how rent free Edmonton lives in their heads (and not just the Oilers)

Edmonton is the capital but anyone who has been to either will tell you Calgary is nicer.

It is. I would live there again over Edmonton any day of the week. But not because of the people ;)

Reactions: PuckG

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Murray Edwards doing so much winning. Went from paying half to under 30% for the arena deal. No one else did today. Calgary taxpayers and Edmonton taxpayers can be united in something today :D

Reactions: RattsSSV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad