Proposal: Calgary and Toronto: Tkachuk-Marner swap over the summer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How bad is the trade proposal?

• Total voters

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Marner is not a Sutter player and also we don't want to pay his 15 million per year contract or whatever it is.

Good player, horrendous contract.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
You forgot to add score shorthanded, powerplay and even strength goals. He is a sandpaper guy and is way better than you are making him out to be. I was skeptical when we signed him, but quite quickly I saw how he fits with skill players. Toronto will definitely miss Hyman and man are the Oilers happy to have him.
No...he isnt. You're also literally echoing what I said. He's there to get the puck to skilled players.

If you think hes going to continue the pace of 82 goals in a season right now... You should probably stop thinking that the NHL is an XBOX game on easy mode.

Ledge And Dairy

Calgary needs a top 4 D as well, right? How about this?
Marner + Rielly for Tkachuck + Gaudreau? I know both are upcoming FA but it gives both teams and players a chance to see how the fit is before committing to anything long term and I think provide better fits in each line up.
This is a really bad take and Calgary would never consider that

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I think this is a good deal for both sides. The only thing that scares me is, Dubas trying to sign Tkachuk in the off season. He might get 15 mil for 3 years.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Are there really teams/fans out there that are fine with paying Mitch Marner 10.9M / year in a flat cap world?

Let alone give up significant value in return?

Fascinating.

Reactions: Big guns

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Value wise it isn't terrible, but it doesn't make sense for Calgary. Gaudreau and Marner are not the make up of a Sutter top 6.

Sutter doesn’t demand size. He demands structure. Gaudreau has been applauded heavily by the coach to his commitment to the back check.

Gaudreau hasn’t looked this engage without the puck since his rookie season.

RavenGuard

Feb 20, 2020
The North
No...he isnt. You're also literally echoing what I said. He's there to get the puck to skilled players.

If you think hes going to continue the pace of 82 goals in a season right now... You should probably stop thinking that the NHL is an XBOX game on easy mode.

Not a single Oilers fan thinks he's going to score 82 goals. Holy Hyperbole Batman!!

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I remember that feeling as an Oilers fan. It lasted from about 2009-2016. Hopefully your time frame is much shorter
a 3 game winning streak will have me ready to get punched in the nuts again lol.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

Oiler fans are built for disappointment by now. I can see Hyman getting his first 30 goal season. Enough about my team we were talking about the Leafs missing Hyman and how it shows in their lineup.

If I was in charge of teh Leafs i would be moving out Marner for a haul of cheap youth and picks to give the cap a break. There would need to be a key piece that can plug into the roster. The leafs do not need a big money guy but they do need depth.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Oiler fans are built for disappointment by now. I can see Hyman getting his first 30 goal season. Enough about my team we were talking about the Leafs missing Hyman and how it shows in their lineup.

If I was in charge of teh Leafs i would be moving out Marner for a haul of cheap youth and picks to give the cap a break. There would need to be a key piece that can plug into the roster. The leafs do not need a big money guy but they do need depth.
Honestly man...what we need is a youngish 65 point winger making 6-7 million...under term.

That way we don't lose all of marners offence and can use that four million in space for depth.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
If I'm the leafs. The way the roster is constructed right now, I trade Marner for Tkachuk instantly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad