GDT: Calder Cup Finals Game 2 | Grand Rapids Griffins @ Syracuse Crunch | June 9 | 6:00 PM

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Griffins Game Day @GriffinsGameDay
Goal by Brown was apparently announced as coming two seconds after the goal by Connolly. Not listed on the gamesheet, yet.

Sounds dodgy..

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
Love their composure though, Kaiser said Babcock just shrugged and shook his head while that was all playing out. Can only imagine the scowl on his face.

Can you explain this? Is Babcock scouting the game or something? That's what I'm assuming, just want some clarification :)

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Can you explain this? Is Babcock scouting the game or something? That's what I'm assuming, just want some clarification :)

All the Wings brass is down. Part of it is to scout the games another part is probably to show support. Keep in mind these people love hockey, Babcock even said he would of course be watching the other teams playoff games, he loves hockey.

But my guess is Holland, Fischer, Martin, Babcock, Osgood, and Chelios are all down there.

The draft guys might be back preparing that is about it. But for those not there, they will be in Grand Rapids. The Wings brass off-season starts after free agency, before that they are around the office depending on when they are eliminated, but the time table this year probably meant vacations are going to be taken in July/August.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Another way to think about it is, for TB, this is just their AHL team. For Detroit, this is basically their entire prospect system. These are the guys who will be in Detroit soon, and it'll help them figure out where guys need to improve most.

Plus, as sad as it sounds, I think quality video of AHL games is not exactly easy to come by. If the Wings want to see how things really go, they have to be there.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
All the Wings brass is down. Part of it is to scout the games another part is probably to show support. Keep in mind these people love hockey, Babcock even said he would of course be watching the other teams playoff games, he loves hockey.

But my guess is Holland, Fischer, Martin, Babcock, Osgood, and Chelios are all down there.

The draft guys might be back preparing that is about it. But for those not there, they will be in Grand Rapids. The Wings brass off-season starts after free agency, before that they are around the office depending on when they are eliminated, but the time table probably meant vacations are going to be taken in July/August.

Makes sense, considering the fact that Grand Rapids is down the street from Detroit. May be tougher for Stevie Y to come all the way up from Tampa, although his family does live in Michigan, who knows!

Thanks!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
They attend a lot more games than people think on a variety of levels.

Good way to know that is some of our prospects twitters. Like Sproul for instance would tell you when Wings brass was in the house for his games. The went to watch Western play several times over the last couple years and we are talking a bunch of guys.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
When I sign in, I am getting a message saying that there are no AHL games on and the bottom toolbar says the game has finished...any advice?

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I cannot for the life of me, understand why this commentator continues to whine about Jurco's goal counting because he couldn't see it go in on his angle, when he has no such issues with Browns goal counting despite not being able to see it go in either.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
When I sign in, I am getting a message saying that there are no AHL games on and the bottom toolbar says the game has finished...any advice?

Did you click the banner under the video screen and sign up with the promo code?

Once you do that the link to the game becomes active.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012

On theAHL site go under gamecenter and click AHL live. Sign in there, hopefully it works then. You have to "buy" it and use the calder2013 promo code. Tell me how it goes!

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad