GDT: Calder Cup Finals Game 2 | Grand Rapids Griffins @ Syracuse Crunch | June 9 | 6:00 PM

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I expected Syracuse to really battle and start to win on the boards and at the races to the puck... and they really didn't in that first period. I'm sort of surprised.

It also seems like if you don't engage them in the hitting/scrumming side of the game, they aren't really playing their style of game.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I expected Syracuse to really battle and start to win on the boards and at the races to the puck... and they really didn't in that first period. I'm sort of surprised.

It also seems like if you don't engage them in the hitting/scrumming side of the game, they aren't really playing their style of game.

It is the first time all season or really any time in the last two they aren't faster than the other team, curious when they figure that out.

They were much better in that period than they were at any point in the last game in my opinion. But unfortunately for them, it looks like our first line showed up tonight, they didn't have to deal with Gus and Tatar much last game, they were all over the place in the first.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003

to me it looks like the griffins gameplan is to turn around every time there's a scrum. i laughed when coté went after andersson and joakim just turned around with a smile. coté looked even more pissed.

it's not like the griffins are soft. they just don't play with much grit at the moment. they focus on speed.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Pretty sure this guy is on the team.

He actually has some points that are pretty good hockey insight. I don't expect them to not be homers, for Christ sakes our color guy laughs for half the game and is completely unprofessional down in GR.

That's funny. Looking forward to hearing our guy. Maybe instead of making their back-up goalie track shifts and minutes like Babs does, the Crunch make him play the color analyst.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Pretty sure this guy is on the team.

He actually has some points that are pretty good hockey insight. I don't expect them to not be homers, for Christ sakes our color guy laughs for half the game and is completely unprofessional down in GR.

I find it difficult to catch any insight when he spends most of his airtime complaining about every call against the Crunch and applauding every call that went their way.

At one point he finished saying he loves the way the Refs are calling the game, then complained that they called Panik for tripping seconds later.

Admittedly I haven't watch many Griffins games but if our color guys is worse than this I'll be muting the audio and looking for a radio feed to play overtop.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
to me it looks like the griffins gameplan is to turn around every time there's a scrum. i laughed when coté went after andersson and joakim just turned around with a smile. coté looked even more pissed.

it's not like the griffins are soft. they just don't play with much grit at the moment. they focus on speed.

They are smart not to engage that way, but it isn't like the Crunch are Rockford either, if they try to goon it up especially with Gudas out of the lineup they might be sorry. Paradis got his *** handed to him a couple times when he was over in Rockford, heck even Pare held his own against that guy.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I find it difficult to catch any insight when he spends most of his airtime complaining about every call against the Crunch and applauding every call that went their way.

At one point he finished saying he loves the way the Refs are calling the game, then complained that they called Panik for tripping seconds later.

Admittedly I haven't watch many Griffins games but if our color guys is worse than this I'll be muting the audio and looking for a radio feed to play overtop.

Larry is on that radio feed. :laugh:

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
"Roughing it up after the play is good play off hockey"

WTF does that even mean. Good playoff hockey is putting the puck in the net.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Lando!

Is the guy doing color commentary a former Crunch player or just an injured one that's actually on the team?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Lando!

Is the guy doing color commentary a former Crunch player or just an injured one that's actually on the team?

I think he is injured, not quite sure, went through morning walk through if you heard him earlier. Of course he could have been on ice with a shoulder problem or something.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Geez, after the boarding and charging incidents they now call a Griffin for some chincy slash? Calling the score or the game here?

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Geez, after the boarding and charging incidents they now call a Griffin for some chincy slash? Calling the score or the game here?

It's like the nhl playoffs. Can thug it up but better not slash or hook a guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad