C/W Jesperi Kotkaniemi (2018, 3rd, MTL) Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
It's not a stupid hot take. Pettersson was about a foot from the boards, yet easily pinned and with a lot of force with one arm by Matheson, then just as easily slammed down. You don't see that happening often (or ever) because most players with NHL size/strength would not budge with the same ease.
He fell in an unfortunate way, making his head bounce off the ice. Shit move, shit luck and like i said, bigger players have had their head rung from less.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He fell in an unfortunate way, making his head bounce off the ice. **** move, **** luck and like i said, bigger players have had their head rung from less.

He didn't "fall", he was slammed on the ice by a player serving a suspension because of it.

You're confusing random events that can cause concussions independent of size with a very specific play here where a bigger, stronger would have much reduced the likelyhood of even starting the chain of events that led to the concussion, namely being so easily and forcefully pushed and pinned with one arm along the boards.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
He didn't "fall", he was slammed on the ice by a player serving a suspension because of it.

You're confusing random events that can cause concussions independent of size with a very specific play here where a bigger, stronger would have much reduced the likelyhood of even starting the chain of events that led to the concussion, namely being so easily and forcefully pushed and pinned with one arm along the boards.
If someone gets pushed off a roof, does he fall? Not gonna go over this with you, you're being a smartass for the sake of being a smartass.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
continue....

It would be very nice if you linked to the first parts in the first post when the threads are split into roman numerals...

Just meant as a friendly request from the sideline here? :nod:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
If someone gets pushed off a roof, does he fall? Not gonna go over this with you, you're being a smartass for the sake of being a smartass.

Yes, I'd say he fell because that's what happened. If he was slammed or held and thrown to the ground from height, I'd say he was slammed or thrown, because those would be the proper words to use in those situations, it implies a situation where gravity isn't the only force at work, like the Pettersson one.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Yesterday was his best game so far in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he sticks with the Habs after 9 games!

Wasn't sure that was the best plan going forward but since he's learning so fast playing against the better players in the world, I think NHL is the place he needs to be!

Brownies

Yesterday was his best game so far in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he sticks with the Habs after 9 games!

Wasn't sure that was the best plan going forward but since he's learning so fast playing against the better players in the world, I think NHL is the place he needs to be!
He does a lot of little things on the ice to help his teammates.

Reactions: Fixxer

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
They're not keeping this kid for the year, are they? That would be a mistake to burn off a year of his ELC IMO.

Maybe not the best idea for his development either.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
They're not keeping this kid for the year, are they? That would be a mistake to burn off a year of his ELC IMO.

Sadly his Liiga team is garbage this year so that's not great for his development either. He either stays in MTL or goes to Finland, personally i think it would be great if he could play 18-20 minutes a night but i wouldn't mind if he stayed with us and played 14-15 minutes a night.

He's been very defensively responsible so far so he's not hurting the team at all. This way he'll have access to the best trainers/training facilities, he'll receive high level input from our coaching staff/the players and he cant start getting used to playing on NA ice.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site

He looks good, he looks like he belongs in a top-9 NHL role. I don't see why not to keep him at this moment.

I struggled making a comparison for him in juniors, but he's starting to remind me of Doug Gilmour with added size. He's a very complete player this early in his career.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Just an amazing kid displaying skyrocket progression since last year. There is no doubt he belongs in this league and that it's where he needs to play. He proves it game after game since training camp.
Watch him reach another gear as soon as he finds the back of the net. With just a slight pinch of luck he would already have a couple of goals and at least two more apples.

Reactions: SergeConstantin74

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Pretty sure he's staying. I don't think it's good practice to cut a player who is clearly good enough for the Top-9, if not Top-6, while basically telling him "sorry, we'd keep your pay low for one more year".

Reactions: SergeConstantin74

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Does anyone know Kotkaniemi's stick length?

It's one of the longest sticks i've ever seen a forward use:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad