C Tyler Seguin (2010, 2nd overall, Boston; traded to Dallas)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Saevel

Nov 3, 2008
Bigger, faster, dumber, less skilled Datsyuk. Not a lot of players in the NHL play his kind of game. He's similar to Stamkos in qualities (maybe except the shot?), but not in style. Stamkos is much more direct. Maybe a little Tim Connolly.

Last edited:

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Lecavalier, Beliveau type of player

I remember reading an article a few years back where a scout mentioned that he classified centers into 2 different sytles.

1. Classic C - Playmaker, skate, score accasional goal. Jean Beliveau/Jean Ratelle type.

2. Agressive, Tenacious C. Bobby Clarke type.

I think Seguin falls into the classic C category. Who knows how good he will become. A lot could depend on the linemates Boston
gets for him. As a B's fan, I'm hoping that he turns into that Yzerman comparision.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I honestly see a bit of Nicklas Backstrom in him. Maybe I dont watch hockey enough, but they have similar styles. The ability to move the puck at high speeds, but then their shot is also severely underrated. Both are decent defensively, and you can put them in a 1 on 2 rush, and they can do something amazing

ALinsky

I honestly see a bit of Nicklas Backstrom in him. Maybe I dont watch hockey enough, but they have similar styles. The ability to move the puck at high speeds, but then their shot is also severely underrated. Both are decent defensively, and you can put them in a 1 on 2 rush, and they can do something amazing

Never thought of that one but its a good one. I think he is a bit more of a goal scorer then Backstorm (then again, we all know who backstrom plays with).

I think his smoothness and three zone play reminds me of Datsyuk the most, however.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The kid has been wowing everyone in camp. He's been impressive so far

He's wearing 57 in the rookie camp

Wheatking

Sep 25, 2006
The kid has been wowing everyone in camp. He's been impressive so far
That's good to hear. I'll always have a soft spot for him. This is going to sound dumb but at the draft it didn't really feel like the Oilers were gaining Hall. It felt like we were losing Seguin. For months we were able to talk about both of them as Oilers and which ever one fit the situation better, that was the one we would pencil into the line up. I'm very confident he'll have a very good career and I'm glad he went to a team like the Bruins.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
That's good to hear. I'll always have a soft spot for him. This is going to sound dumb but at the draft it didn't really feel like the Oilers were gaining Hall. It felt like we were losing Seguin. For months we were able to talk about both of them as Oilers and which ever one fit the situation better, that was the one we would pencil into the line up. I'm very confident he'll have a very good career and I'm glad he went to a team like the Bruins.

I think the Oilers and Bruins could not lose with either choice. It'll be interesting to see how their careers unfold, but in all honesty I think it's a win/win for both clubs.

Seguin-mania is in full effect right now in Boston. The seats have been packed to watch the kid in camp, and kids are pounding the glass chanting his name after every sweet move. There's a pretty cool video clip of it somewhere on youtube that caught one of those times. There's no doubt who the main attraction is right now in the rookie camp.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Tyler Seguin

Ingredients:

- 1 cup Jiri Slegr
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 tbsp Cliff Ronning
- 3 tsps Tim Cheveldae
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 oz Mike Peluso
- 1 pinch magical pixie dust from Link's wife, Zelda Gaetz

He's imcomparable, really.

This made me laugh out loud:laugh:

Serpico4ever

Jul 4, 2010
Brighton, MA
The playmaking version of Steven Stamkos? :dunno:

In development camp he looks like Stamkos, and he's more of a scoring center. He really looks elite, I saw a handful of his OHL games this year and he was excellent, but it looks like he's actually better now. I think we might have got the best player in the draft, no offense as I'm sure Hall is looking good too

As for the Spezza comparison

He's too strong and hard nosed for that. He goes to the net pretty hard and plays on the boards, which is something Spezza is scared ****less to do.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Phil Kessel
If he could be anything near skilled as Phil Kessel

Too bad Seguin works harder, is more committed, knows where his end of the rink is and, as much as you and all Leaf fans want to deny it, he IS as skilled as Kessel and is a more complete player...he just needs a few years to catch up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad