C Noah Dower Nilsson - Frölunda HC U20, J20 Nationell (2023, 73rd, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Shocked there isn't a post about him. Dower-Nilsson is a potential (imo) late 1st to early 2nd round pick. Unlike the fakers here (we all know 75% of posts in Prospects are by guys who've never watched a second of the players they post), I'll admit I haven't seen much of Dower-Nilsson, but from the few videos online and very few tapes, his stickhandling and creativity is top-tier. He could work on his defense and playmaking from what I've seen but I think Dower-Nilsson is a kid who can really rise in this draft.

If the name Dower-Nilsson rings a bell, you're right! His uncle is former Swedish 2nd division player Lenny Dower. In all seriousness the Swedish league scorebook has accidentally mistaken Noah and Liam a few times so don't trust a box score until a day later.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Shocked there isn't a post about him. Dower-Nilsson is a potential (imo) late 1st to early 2nd round pick. Unlike the fakers here (we all know 75% of posts in Prospects are by guys who've never watched a second of the players they post), I'll admit I haven't seen much of Dower-Nilsson, but from the few videos online and very few tapes, his stickhandling and creativity is top-tier. He could work on his defense and playmaking from what I've seen but I think Dower-Nilsson is a kid who can really rise in this draft.

If the name Dower-Nilsson rings a bell, you're right! His uncle is former Swedish 2nd division player Lenny Dower. In all seriousness the Swedish league scorebook has accidentally mistaken Noah and Liam a few times so don't trust a box score until a day later.
No need to be so passive aggressive - call out the people you have a problem with. No need to hide.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Good offensive skills which could perhaps carry him to a 1st round selection. TBA how he improves in other areas.

There's no hyphen in his name, btw.

Reactions: LeProspector

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Update: 14 Goals and 22PTS in 13 Games since being moved up into the U20. Could get a crack at the SHL soon if he keeps this up.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
Update: 14 Goals and 22PTS in 13 Games since being moved up into the U20. Could get a crack at the SHL soon if he keeps this up.
Eh, if his brother is still fighting for minutes, he’s going to have a tough time grabbing them in his d year. It’s frolunda after all

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Eh, if his brother is still fighting for minutes, he’s going to have a tough time grabbing them in his d year. It’s frolunda after all
I mean I think he could get a game or 2 down the road if he gets lucky but I don't see him making the team long term but I think if he keeps up his game he gets a call up if there's an injury.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
This guy's game numbers are on par in terms of Points with guys like Fantilli and Bedard (of course, different leagues), and this season has outscored guys like Stenberg & Dvorsky in U20 (although Dvorsky has Pro experience this year) and is having one of the best offensive seasons for a DY player in the U20, similar to Ohgren last year, and on top of that has a very good read for the game to go with his offense, yet I don't see any first round talk at all.

Might have to take one of the big guys mentioning him (Button, Wheeler) to give him some talk.

Last edited:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
yet I don't see any first round talk at all.

Might have to take one of the big guys mentioning him (Button, Wheeler) to give him some talk.

He has been pretty meh/mediocre when representing the Swedish national team internationally, which could be a reason why. There have been numerous Swedish forwards outperforming him in those tournaments.

This fall, he is producing better than any of them though, so will be interesting to see how he measures up in the next international tourney with the best.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Dower Nilsson is by far the most skilled Swedish player in the 05 age group, always has been. The big problem I see in the future is how he’ll handle a much faster pace. His skating is a bit flawed, his compete level is not high end and I’m not sold on his decision making in tight spaces. If he fails to make the next jump then I think it will be for roughly the same reasons Alex Nylander didn’t succeed. Very immature player right now and I certainly hope he isn’t brought up to play 5 min/game in the SHL any time soon. Watched his recent 5 point performance in J20 and was very impressed, hope he stays there.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
I'll add, his skating honestly looks a lot better than I expected. He's not the best skater but he isn't bad by any stretch. Not enough to be a detriment to him in the future.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Is this dude the most underrated player in the draft? Far outpacing Stenberg, Ciernik and Nordh in U20. Also has a 1.68PPG, which leads the U20, as well as leads DY players, with Dvorsky 2nd at 1.60, although with just 5 games.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Is this dude the most underrated player in the draft? Far outpacing Stenberg, Ciernik and Nordh in U20. Also has a 1.68PPG, which leads the U20, as well as leads DY players, with Dvorsky 2nd at 1.60, although with just 5 games.

I have no idea why he doesn't get more focus. He's oozing talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad