C Mikhail Grigorenko (2012, 12th, BUF; traded to COL) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
So now saucer passes that don't land exactly on the target's stick are "poor?"

My bet is that if any Canuck pulled that pass off, you'd be raving about it. I think it's fair to expect NHL players to be able to receive a pass a few inches off the ice as much as its fair to expect NHL players to even be able to make a pass like that in the first place. What does this mean? Stop hating on Hodgson; it makes you look petty.

Calm down I am one of the nucks fans who likes Cody, and don't buy into the whole " hes terrible" logic. I was more trying to praise Grigo, and yes it was a poor pass, but we all know Cody is a very good passer. Even guys like Henrik, Crosby etc make poor passes.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
9/24/2014 from the Zadorov thread.
Another highly talented Russian ruined by the Canadian juniors along with Kabanov, Grigorenko etc.

Expect his less talented peers who stayed in Russia to be better than him in a year or two. Forget about Zadorov. He is a lost cause. He made a ruinous decision to leave Russia too early.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
and? looks like he says what all around want him to say. i wouldn't jump to conclusions here.

Except for how everything he's shown us from the end of last season in Rochester to now more than backs those words up. Guess he must just do what those around him want him to do too. :sarcasm:

ZeroPT*

Gorgeous assist by Grigo on McCabe's goal last night. Demonstrating his elite hockey sense with a no look tape to tape pass. That and he out muscled Staal which shows more new found hustle and determination.
[NHL]2014010089-458-h[/NHL]

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Gorgeous assist by Grigo on McCabe's goal last night. Demonstrating his elite hockey sense with a no look tape to tape pass. That and he out muscled Staal which shows more new found hustle and determination.
[NHL]2014010089-458-h[/NHL]
"Out muscled" Staal? I'm not sure the two made any physical contact at all, hardly a puck battle. Nice pass by Grigs, but let's not get carried away.

ZeroPT*

"Out muscled" Staal? I'm not sure the two made any physical contact at all, hardly a puck battle. Nice pass by Grigs, but let's not get carried away.

Nit picking. He beat him to the puck and set up McCabe perfectly. It's nice to see him beat out an NHL star when he was often called soft and lazy.

He got his body in the way and created a play, it may not be "out muscling" but it's a really nice play.

FamilyGuy716

Jun 15, 2011
Amherst NY
I had completely written off Grigorenko but now it looks like he'll be a top 6 forward in NHL for a long time. Now we have to get Armia going.

ZeroPT*

Writing off any prospect in general is not the smartest thing to do. Doing it with a 19 year old who has as much pedigree,skill,tools and ability as Grigo is just premature and ridiculous IMO

FamilyGuy716

Jun 15, 2011
Amherst NY
I've never written off a 19 year old before Grigorenko. I thought he was going to bust because of his attitude and his compete level. It doesn't matter how much talent you have if you don't have that. He's turned both of those around which I didn't think was going to happen. I know I'm not the only Sabres fan to think he was a bust but at least I'm man enough to admit I was wrong.

ZeroPT*

I've never written off a 19 year old before Grigorenko. I thought he was going to bust because of his attitude and his compete level. It doesn't matter how much talent you have if you don't have that. He's turned both of those around which I didn't think was going to happen. I know I'm not the only Sabres fan to think he was a bust but at least I'm man enough to admit I was wrong.

It's still dumb. You know he has all the talent in the world. Why would you write him off?

Just because he didn't take over the NHL like Mack did at a young age, it doesn't mean he'll bust. Or Armia for that matter, or any prospect. It's just premature.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Grigorenko will start the season in Rochester as most projected:

Jay Grossman @Jay_Grossman 30m
#Sabres Mikhail Grigorenko sent to #AHL Rochester #amerks

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Grigorenko will start the season in Rochester as most projected:

Jay Grossman @Jay_Grossman 30m
#Sabres Mikhail Grigorenko sent to #AHL Rochester #amerks

Boooo. Kid more than played well enough in the preseason to earn a roster spot in Buffalo. Knowing this team, it probably won't be too long before injuries give him another chance though.

FamilyGuy716

Jun 15, 2011
Amherst NY
It's still dumb. You know he has all the talent in the world. Why would you write him off?

Just because he didn't take over the NHL like Mack did at a young age, it doesn't mean he'll bust. Or Armia for that matter, or any prospect. It's just premature.

Never admit your mistakes here. Certain posters like to pounce.

ZeroPT*

why would he give a counter argument? you're the one who jumped all over him after he admitted it was stupid to write off a 19 year old player..

I'm trying to understand the logic behind it and he hasn't. I haven't "jumped" on him. I'm asking why he would feel the need to write off a 19 year old and he hasn't explained.

It makes no sense and he hasn't explained.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Reinhart will be sent back to junior when he hits 9 games and then Grigs will be recalled... that's my prediction!!

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I'm trying to understand the logic behind it and he hasn't. I haven't "jumped" on him. I'm asking why he would feel the need to write off a 19 year old and he hasn't explained.

It makes no sense and he hasn't explained.

did you even read his post? Ill quote it for you

Mike203 said:

Not sure what other explanation he owes you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad