C Maxmilian Curran - Tri-City Americans, WHL (2024, 161st, COL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019

Interesting player. Not as skilled as Titlbach/Kral/Klima but I really like his pro upside. Hard-working two-way player with a big frame and good hockey sense. He wasn't too consistent in the games I saw but showed very intriguing flashes of offensive upside. Will be interesting to see how well he can replace fellow Czech Adam Mechura for the Americans.

Reactions: czech

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
He has improved his skating somewhat lately, but more work needs to be done on that.
I really liked the flashes I've seen from him but he wasn't good consistently yet. I think the goal for both his skating and skill will have to be to get him to a level that's "good enough" to work with his size and hockey sense. He's shown flashes of beating opponents one-on-one with quick dekes, good speed and power to the net. I don't think that'll be his game at the major junior or pro levels, but the fact he's shown it with the U17s is encouraging.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Seems to be battling Kos for the top Czech forward behind Jecho at this point. Titlbach has been meh, Kral is producing but not getting much ice time, not sure what that’s about. Kubiesa has been surprisingly good but I don’t see him as a draft pick yet. Klima hasn’t been doing much either. Not sure about Lisler and the others who stayed in Europe.

But whatever happens with the rest, Curran’s development has been very good and he has a very protectable game.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Seems to be battling Kos for the top Czech forward behind Jecho at this point. Titlbach has been meh, Kral is producing but not getting much ice time, not sure what that’s about. Kubiesa has been surprisingly good but I don’t see him as a draft pick yet. Klima hasn’t been doing much either. Not sure about Lisler and the others who stayed in Europe.

But whatever happens with the rest, Curran’s development has been very good and he has a very protectable game.
It's the projectable part.. he has a nice toolbox and could be developed into a good NHLer. Eg. Some of the 18 year old Czechs may be better than him today but he has more pro potential.

Reactions: pgfan66

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Don’t forget Holinka.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Tri lost 5 of their last 6 and Curran went without a point despite his team scoring 18 goals. Has anyone seen him play recently? Just a stretch of bad luck or is he actually not playing well?

I always wondered when he'd cool down because there was really no way he'd sustain his PPG pace when 85% of his points were assists.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
1G, 2A tonight. Anyone catch any Americans games? Quietly having a good season but doesn't seem much of a shooter.
He is definitely a pass-first player, but I think he has a bit of a sneaky shot. Check out his goal from last night.

His assist on the Ams first goal last night was also pretty impressive. Spins off a defender below the goal line, quickly spots a guy open in the circle and feeds him the puck with two defenders on either side.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Broke out last night after an ice-cold month (11-0-2-2 -12 since mid-December).

He has 104 shots in 40 games (and 83 in his last 27 so >3 SOG/game for a long stretch now) so it isn't like he doesn't shoot, he's just shooting at <5% which is probably unsustainably bad for a skill forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad