C Kent Johnson - Cleveland Monsters, AHL (2021, 5th, CBJ)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Johnson turned in a respectable debut against the Habs. He drew in with good line mates and made a couple of nice passes, drew his first NHL penalty, and looked comfortable but overall the line saw limited TOI.

Ironically his UM team mate, DMan Nick Blankenburg, had a strong debut playing some solid defense, leading the team in blocked shots and racking up his first NHL assist. He was rewarded with being named the 3rd star of the game while also receiving the kepi, a post game locker room tradition given for outstanding play.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Honestly he hasn't been as impactful as I would have hoped. Skill is there but I think he could have used another year in the NCAA.

Reactions: slumpy43

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Honestly he hasn't been as impactful as I would have hoped. Skill is there but I think he could have used another year in the NCAA.

He's been about what you should expect for a super talented but understrength kid. He's obviously not ready to be super great playmaker Kent Johnson, that is maybe a couple years away, this is just to get his feet wet and give him some experience. Next year he might spend a lot of time in the AHL. The big improvements will come with putting on muscle.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
He's been about what you should expect for a super talented but understrength kid. He's obviously not ready to be super great playmaker Kent Johnson, that is maybe a couple years away, this is just to get his feet wet and give him some experience. Next year he might spend a lot of time in the AHL. The big improvements will come with putting on muscle.

It might not carry over, but this guy can score some goals too. Sneaky wrist/snap shot that he can get off quickly from weird spots. Wrister is very good.

If I were a CBJ fan, I’d be ecstatic. This is the type of player that team and city needs. Jersey seller. The f***ing guy. 170lbs of pure, unadulterated skill.

think I started this thread, it got merged with a no post thread, when that should be the other way around, but I digress.

Reactions: Realgud and Bubbles

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It might not carry over, but this guy can score some goals too. Sneaky wrist/snap shot that he can get off quickly from weird spots. Wrister is very good.

If I were a CBJ fan, I’d be ecstatic. This is the type of player that team and city needs. Jersey seller. The f***ing guy. 170lbs of pure, unadulterated skill.

think I started this thread, it got merged with a no post thread, when that should be the other way around, but I digress.

I don't know if I'm ecstatic but I am excited for KJ in the long run. Also kind of annoyed that so many fans expect new draftees to pop immediately. We knew he was a long term play when the Jackets drafted him.

Reactions: CBJx614

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I don't know if I'm ecstatic but I am excited for KJ in the long run. Also kind of annoyed that so many fans expect new draftees to pop immediately. We knew he was a long term play when the Jackets drafted him.

Cruising 1 million beverages on the golf course = ecstatic, tuesday afternoon at work = excited, so I get it

Reactions: majormajor

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Still see him as more of a winger. But guess time will tell. I think he will be very, very good. Maybe not a teams most important player, but the Ehlers comparisons seem about right to me. I guess a lot will depend on how he fills out though. But I don't quite see him on the super elite, Panarin level. Which is still a great player. But I might be in the minority in that I think a few of the other forwards in this draft, like Beniers, Eklund, and even Wyatt Johnston will eventually turn out to be overall, better all around players. With Johnson being more of a pure offensive force.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

He is physically under developed at this point but like you say he will have an impact it just might not be next year.

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
This has to be a record, he's been named to the WC.

Has there ever been a player that played the World Juniors, Olympics and WC in one year? He might even play for the rescheduled WJ!
I mean if you're talking about a 365 day span, hasn't Power already done that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad