C Fyodor Svechkov (2021, 19th, NSH)

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Hot take, Nashville are bad at developing their offensive talent. Kemell won't become better in the AHL anymore.

Tolvanen instantly became better or should I say bounced back in Seattle.
Granlund was better in Wild and not been any worse in Sharks than Preds. But yeah, he wasn't even drafted by the Preds.

Besides Forsberg, name other forwards developed by Preds? What are they waiting for?

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I like Svechkov but I'm a little worried that he's not going to be the kind of guy who fits the Preds' preferences either. There's a gaping spot at center for him even today, and the way he came on in the AHL playoffs last year it could be argued he's as good an option as anybody to audition for that spot.

But... he's sort of an "understated" style of player, not big, not physical, more cerebral than energetic or aggressive... good skills, good smarts... but I'm just not sure how that grabs the attention of the Preds braintrust any better than a host of other recent prospects through the system did? As much as we need him, the recent Preds track record handling their young forwards makes me a little worried. :help:

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I like Svechkov but I'm a little worried that he's not going to be the kind of guy who fits the Preds' preferences either. There's a gaping spot at center for him even today, and the way he came on in the AHL playoffs last year it could be argued he's as good an option as anybody to audition for that spot.

But... he's sort of an "understated" style of player, not big, not physical, more cerebral than energetic or aggressive... good skills, good smarts... but I'm just not sure how that grabs the attention of the Preds braintrust any better than a host of other recent prospects through the system did? As much as we need him, the recent Preds track record handling their young forwards makes me a little worried. :help:
Reminds me of a certain 1C currently on the preds...

• Wow
Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad