C/F Aidan Park - Shattuck St.Mary's 14 U AAA (2024 Draft)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You’re right. Don’t trust context that explains a situation you know nothing about.

Instead look at EP and decide exactly who belongs in what round.

Congrats to you that this kid has his dreams ruined. You must be so proud of yourself.

It was Shattuck coaches (ejected from the 1st line for Brodie Ziemer), NHL scouts (undrafted), USDP scouts (not selected) and the USHL system (didn't join the team at 18) who spoke.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Thats not true. He was every bit as good if not better than Celebrini and Eiserman a couple years ago. Difference is that those two improved and Park’s development seems to have stagnated a bit. He was an early bloomer, it happens often

He will still get drafted. 2nd round is a reach at this point but probably somewhere in rounds 3-5. He was good enough to make NTDP and he was a surprising omission.
Finally not... Undrafted...

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It was Shattuck coaches (ejected from the 1st line for Brodie Ziemer), NHL scouts (undrafted), USDP scouts (not selected) and the USHL system (didn't join the team at 18) who spoke.
But none of them actually spoke. Those were your assumptions based on the circumstantial evidence. Once again, someone just told you that you are missing context, so maybe listen to someone who knows more than you do instead of beating your chest that you were right about a player not reaching their dream.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
But none of them actually spoke. Those were your assumptions based on the circumstantial evidence. Once again, someone just told you that you are missing context, so maybe listen to someone who knows more than you do instead of beating your chest that you were right about a player not reaching their dream.
What context then ? You who know everything.

Why did Ziemer take his place at Shattuck ?
Why was he not selected by USDP ?
Why didn't he play in the USHL on a regular basis ?
Why wasn't he drafted ?

I have always heard excuses about this player and never seen anything sporting about something that followed.

For now, the idea that the guy scored a lot of points because he was playing next to Celebrini and Eiserman isn't crazy.

I stick to sports news. Not to shake me for stats 4 years ago. Start by listening to the facts.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
The entire league also thought Artemi Panarin didnt deserve it either
Artemi Panarin was not drafted because he was too small and skinny and was a late bloomer.

Afterwards you can actually find examples of undrafted players. But often there is an explanatory narrative. There with Park, I have a hard time seeing one other than his insufficient level of play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad