C Dean Letourneau - St. Andrew's College, CAHS (2024, 25th, BOS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wieters

Mar 2, 2024
In the post-draft interview, Don Sweeney acknowledged that it will be a big jump for Letourneau to go to the NCAA. But he said that BC had laid out a plan for his development in terms of his reps that had been clearly mapped out. So even if the idea of a kid making this kind of jump might be concerning for his development in the abstract, I don't think that fear is necessary given the program he's actually going to.

Ideally he Centers the 2 other Bruins picks in Jellvik and Gasseau but realistically he's on the 3rd or 4th line to start, I can see massive growing pains and possibly 8-10 points
However he remains extremely intriguing
Three Bruins draftees on the same line at a Boston school is a cool thought, although I agree it's unrealistic. Even though Teddy Stiga is actually younger than Letourneau, he has significantly more high-level experience and production to speak of at the NTDP, so I imagine he is more ready for top-six minutes at a program that is trying to win trophies.

So for the second line, I would think one of Oskar Jellvik/Andre Gasseau moves to center with Stiga and the other of Jellvik/Gasseau on the wings. My guess is that Letourneau starting on the third line is the type of development plan that Sweeney was referring to.

bigmacbc

Sep 23, 2023
In the post-draft interview, Don Sweeney acknowledged that it will be a big jump for Letourneau to go to the NCAA. But he said that BC had laid out a plan for his development in terms of his reps that had been clearly mapped out. So even if the idea of a kid making this kind of jump might be concerning for his development in the abstract, I don't think that fear is necessary given the program he's actually going to.

Three Bruins draftees on the same line at a Boston school is a cool thought, although I agree it's unrealistic. Even though Teddy Stiga is actually younger than Letourneau, he has significantly more high-level experience and production to speak of at the NTDP, so I imagine he is more ready for top-six minutes at a program that is trying to win trophies.

So for the second line, I would think one of Oskar Jellvik/Andre Gasseau moves to center with Stiga and the other of Jellvik/Gasseau on the wings. My guess is that Letourneau starting on the third line is the type of development plan that Sweeney was referring to.
Wouldn't be amazed if they move Leonard to center either- he can take faceoffs and some people around the program think he has some upside at that position. Either way, I think LeTourneau will be able to dominate most Hockey East 3rd liners, which will make him way more productive than people think.

As a Bruins and BC fan, I'm pretty happy with him going to the Eags, who are really, really good at fostering and showcasing elite talent. I think that LeTourneau will be put in a position to succeed in a program that will compete for a national championship- that's invaluable experience.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Wouldn't be amazed if they move Leonard to center either- he can take faceoffs and some people around the program think he has some upside at that position. Either way, I think LeTourneau will be able to dominate most Hockey East 3rd liners, which will make him way more productive than people think.

As a Bruins and BC fan, I'm pretty happy with him going to the Eags, who are really, really good at fostering and showcasing elite talent. I think that LeTourneau will be put in a position to succeed in a program that will compete for a national championship- that's invaluable experience.
Do you think he could have Kolanos type impact off the bat for Boston College, or will it take a bit longer?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad