C Cutter Gauthier - (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
GOATier looking great in the pre-season.games we've seen.
Honestly his game against Utah wasn't great aside from the goal. I thought he played much better tonight. Great zone entries some pretty solid puck handling to buy himself more space and time, still made a few bad passes, strong work on the forecheck, more shots on goal and shots attempted. It was a better performance.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Saw Cutter put up a few points last night. 6GP 0G 2A even at +/- so far this season.

Ducks fans, how has he looked? He seemed to have great chemistry with Leo in preseason. Happy with how he is adjusting? Any concerns or just a typical start for a rookie of his pedigree?

Last edited:

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Saw Cutter put up a few points last night. 6GP 0G 2A even at +/- so far this season.

Ducks fans, how has he looked? Any concerns or just a typical start for a rookie of his pedigree?
It's 6 games. Even if he had 0 points and looked terrible there shouldnt be any concern.

By all accounts last game was his best game so far. I missed it so just going off reports.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
It's 6 games. Even if he had 0 points and looked terrible there shouldnt be any concern.

By all accounts last game was his best game so far. I missed it so just going off reports.
Wasn't meant to be a post to attack him. Genuinely curious as to how Ducks fans has felt he has looked. Apologies if I offended, good sir.

Reactions: Sticktape

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He looked terrible the first five games and then great last night. A combination of being a rookie, linemate chemistry, and possibly a flu bug going through the room.

I doubt very much he is a calder contender, but we are looking for the same type of game he put in last night.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He looked terrible the first five games and then great last night. A combination of being a rookie, linemate chemistry, and possibly a flu bug going through the room.

I doubt very much he is a calder contender, but we are looking for the same type of game he put in last night.
Idk about terrible against LA. The whole team looked bad but I thought his game was starting to pick up in that shit show and it carried over to a relatively good performance last night. At least in as much as he actually played with some caution and care before he moved the puck, he skated hard, got pucks on net, used his size and skating to maintain possession. It's not like he dominated but he was starting to play the game the right way and along with Fabbri being a net positive for the line compared to Vatrano, his play helped that line sustain more offensive zone pressure and possession.

Also to address the bump post, he should technically have 3 points right now as I don't think a Colorado defender just hacking at the just before Carlsson pushed the puck in should count as a change in possession. Gauthier's shot from the point created the chance that Leo buried. It would've been a garbage point anyway, but still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad